Our "Media" is screwed up

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook and wanted to rant... "Lindsay Lohan,24, is all over the news because she's a celebrity drug addict. While Justin Allen, 23, Brett Linley, 29, Matthew Weikert, 29, Justus Bartett, 27, Dave Santos, 21, Chase Stanley, 21, Jesse Reed, 26,Matthew Johnson, 21, Zachary Fisher, 24, Brandon King, 23, ...Christopher Goeke, 23, and Sheldon Tate, 27 are all Marines that gave their lives this week, no media mention."

Can't agree more that this is very screwed up. Is it the media itself that is screwed up or is the media merely reflecting the preferences of "modern" American society? Either way, the priorities are certainly azz backwards

I totally agree. A drug addicted celebrity sells more news than young men giving their lives for us.

Our local CBS station ( and others too ) in Nashville, TN show all the servicemen killed in action from the 101st Airborne in Clarksville, TN with picture, hometown, family details, etc.. The middle TN media is not as left as most places, but still too left for my taste on most things.

The 101st is in the lead now with the airborne fight in Afghanistan and we are losing too many good young men. Here in TN, when a local soldier dies, all cars stop on the road and the sidewalks are filled with people holding flags, saluting, hands over hearts, etc. for miles and miles. We love and support our servicemen.GOD BLESS THEM ALL!!

This past weekend, my wife went to a women's half marathon in Nashville and they had servicemen giving out the medals at the finish line. Everyone was giving them hugs and thanking them for their service to our country:wub:. She was so impressed with them and laughed at how big the smiles on the soldiers faces were.:D

Completly agree The things some (most) people care about are just wrong.... My brother leaves this month for 12-15 months in Afghanistan, Will miss my wedding and all, wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy.. Thier in Gods Hands Now.

It will never change. United States's priorities are based on celebrities, million dollar sports contracts and for moron's who for the most part can't read or write. $$ is our god.

fatrap

I just keep praying for our servicemen and women everyday and thank everyone of them I see.

I couldn't care less about the Hollywood losers.

Good post Greg.