Ouachita River, West Monroe, La.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
This is the site of the WBT tournament next week. Haven't found alot of info on this river. Is anyone familiar with it or fished it? Just wondering what type of baits to pack my tackle trays with. Any suggestions or tips would be great. Thanks!

I highly doubt she would share that info with someone who is fishing in the tournament. Although, I am not fishing against her. Not sure I would feel comfortable calling her anyway but thank you. She might not like her number posted there so you might remove it. ;)

Teri you may be surprised! Do not ask her for spots/locations, just what she feels is best this time of year, colors that have worked in the past etc...on this body of water. Then do like Mini says and "Don't fish her chit!"

Good luck! Keep us informed!

Randy!

No worries,...The number is on her business card,...and she hands out 100's of them at shows...plus it's her guide business number anyway......if you want her cell #, i'll send you that seperately.

Good luck Teri. Tell all the ladies I said hi! :)

Even if they dont know me....yet ;)

Fished the bass Open Championship there a few years ago, not that that helps any. The river was 6 ft over full pool and we were fishing in the field, the forest just about anywhere you could float a boat. Very nice people there. Crankbaits, Spinnerbaits and a plastic lizzard is what worked best for me.

Good Luck

BF

I waded and drifted the upper part of that river growing up, never a thought of where it went.

Good Luck

cq

i just took one of the wbt pros out on the ouachita sat the 18 and i feel like shell catch 10-15 lbs a day based on what i showed her and the stage that the fish were in

the river is still high and muddy but most of the back water is clear

so i take it 3 more pros signed up i live close to the river and fish it often so i feel like 10 pounds a day will keep someone in contintion ill be at thursday and friday weigh ins so god luck

Latest posts

Back