Optimax Questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I'm sure my dealer will go over this with me, but I have a couple of quck questions I'm a little confused on.

What gas do you run through an Optimax and which oil do you use? At BPS they have the DFI oil for 30 bucks a gallon (Synthetic) I have heard all different things but I hope its the Premium Plus like I use now

Also, just a random question. For the money whats a good electronic unit for the bow. The boat will have LMC 332 at the console but i'm undecided what goes up front. I've got an Eagle Fishmark 320 on my 882 I like and at $150 its a good unit. I dont need anything fancy, I dont use my electronics at my bow to really find fish, just brush piles, contour changes, water temp. My 320 is sensitive enough to see a dropshop shake, but I only need that the two times a year I fish deeper than 5 foot over water!

BJ,

Pat pretty much answered your question. I would just like to add that I buy my Opti oil from my dealer for $18 a gallon. He, and a lot of other Mercury dealers, sell Opti oil in bulk. You might want to check around.

Uh - Ditto Pat - especially the last three words 'why risk it'

BPS here has Opti oil for $19/gal.

Depthfinder is personal choice, but if you were happy with the eagle - get another one!

use the Opti oil I get mine from my dealer for $13 a gallon he sells it in bulk

JD

kb Idont get it from my Nitro dealer for that he sells it for $18 a gal I get this from a Charger dealer close to my lake house he sells Mercs and Yammahas but recomends the Opti oil to all his customers he is one of the top mechanics on the lake

Pat-

Its a 06 200 Opti...not XS if that makes a difference

Regular fuel/opti oil.

Do NOT run opti oil in a EFI/Carb motor, it's not made for those motors at all.

Back