opti oil

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Acheson

Reaction score
I have read a couple of posts on people using different oil in there opti. Just wondering what everyone is thinking about this, is anyone using anything different? And if so what?

Thanks

I have been told not to use anything but the OPTI oil! I did run some premium once as I was on St. Clair and a friend had some in his boat. I quickly refilled with OPTI that night. No problems. Probably ran a good half hour on the premium. Dealer said should't cause a problem but not to do it too often!

Randy!

I guess it depends which Opti. The XS and Pro XS models suggest Premium. Bottom line it will not void your warranty to not use the Opti oil. So u get to make the decision on which 1 you would use.

My 2000 225 Opti ran premium for 5+ years.

On my '04 Opti the dealer told me that the oil that they put in

it when it was rigged was the Merc Plus and that was what I should

use in it unless I just wanted to spend the additional $$$.

when I picked up my 115 Opti, the dealer had the oil tank partially filled with premium & said to run that during breakin (because of the higher consumption during breakin), then from then on to run Opti oil. I checked with a Merc factory rep & he confirmed that is pretty normal procedure & either oil can be run in a pinch, but Opti is prefered after breakin...

I just started running bulk Mercury DFI oil. Most of the dealers stock it and will fill your oil jug at a reduced price. I ONLY use the DFI oil!

My 150 Opti doesn't use very much oil at all so I'm just going to stick with the Opti oil. Pennies more for peace of mind is a bargin.

Heck, I will only use Merc Priemum Plus in my 2000 225EFI. I ain't puttin nuthin' in that motor that doesn't say Mercury on it and that includes oil!!

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back