Oppinion question for the SST creation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Ruiz

Reaction score
well its that time...well not really, doing something that might be mistaken for noteworthy on the thousand islands this week is THAT time...but after that, its time for some more mods in the down time we have till the following weekend at lake george.

My questions are this.

In everyones Oh so humble oppinion. Jackplates. Who makes the best one in existance. In fact if cost wasnt an issue, which one you guys pick. I want to do this only once because it means hauling the motor off so as i said, this is a one time shot.

Question two is this: we want to replace the drivers and pasengers seat with a high performance bucket style seat rather than the seats nitro gives. The thing is this. most of the really nice custom seats we have looked at so far are one piecers. Has anyone ever seen a one piece seat on a fold foward hinge design that still allows access to the underseat storage? We have been racking our brains out on this one because there is a sick set of Wise racing buckets that are absoloutly awsome but they are only one piece. Not the separate bottom/back that would make for easy seat lifting for stoarage access. We also dont wanna loose the storage as that is where the Kenwood music keg/disc changer is going to go at a later date. That said, we have been over every seating and interior project we have ever done and havent found anything at all to inspire us or even give us a clue so we're throwing it to you guys! Ideas welcome, no matter how outlandish.

That said, thanks again and hope everyone is enjoying watching this little creation of ours take shape. Tomorow ill post pics of all the speakers and the way they came out (as soon as we vac up the two tons of fiberglass dust left from the cutting earlier in the week!

Tight Lines & Fish Hard

also, any more suggestions on thousand islands is always welcome! and yes i was kidding about the DVD upgrade. Though here is a serious offer. Come up with anything substantial (even just a plausable pattern) and it works, I will send ya one of our hats and one of our polo shirts. Both featuring the 3:13 motorsports logo which is a set of crossed checkers with the mushroom cloud behind it that says "live fast, die young, leave a good lookin' corpse". In all seriousness...we got a bunch of em so e-mail away!

Tight Lines again

Nick

Toxic

They are in fact black/grey/red...black outsides, red center sections with grey piping and outter highlites. If you seriously want them (assumming we can get performance buckets in, they are yours for a small fee! Hey we gotta finance this shat somehow lol. It all rests on us getting the single section seats in. This calls for more sketches, drawings, and redbull to keep us going. This ones gonna be TOUGH!

Darn, 313? Watch 8 mile bro....i live north of 313.

586 is better fo me.

Mini

Hey Nick, I have run a Bob's Machine Shop 10 Hyd. Jack Plate for three and one half years and have had no problems, and I would recomend it, I have heard nothing bad about Bob's. You need to get the indicator gauge with it also so you can dial it in with out looking back at the engine. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

Keep me posted, I am interested. I swore no more black seats but I can't pass up what might be a good deal (I was going to recover mine in tan).

Shouldn't be that big of a deal. Just make the bucket a 2-piece seat. Hinge the lower the same as stock. It doesn't appear to be a seat problem, more of a mounting problem. Not a problem for fabricators like 3:13!!LOL Now where's my shirt!!Hahaha.

TOXIC

Try some Ricardo Bucket seats used in auto's. Their high end and can be modified to work in the boat. Modify by lowering the mounting frame under the seat, then modify the back by shortning it 1 ft. leave the head rest, and I believe the back rest can lever forward then the whole seat tilted up to gain access to under seat storage.

Back