Opinions Please

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee dustin

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a 2002 Tracker Targa 17WT with a 90 hp Mercury ELTPO, 5 hp Mercury 4 stroke kicker, Motorguide 55lb trolling motor, Lowrance fish finder (basic model). The boat appears to be in very good condition. The asking price is $10,000. I would be buying the boat from a private party. I don't go looking for trouble but I would like a boat that could handle rough water if necessary.

Any opinions regarding how this model boat performs and if this appears to be a fair price would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee

It's a little short for 'big' water, rough-water lakes, but you'll like the combination of the hull and the 90 h.p., which sips gas. Check NADA.com for an evaluation of the price, be sure to have the boat surveyed by a competent marine tech and the outboard tested (especially a compression test). I would also recommend pulling the lower unit and having the water pump impeller inspected, which will tell you how well the boat was maintained.

My boat has the same lower half of the hull (one foot longer) with a 150. The ride isn't too bad in rough waves as long as you're not going full-tilt-boogie. My father-in-law's boat has the 90 h.p. Mercury ELPTO and he loves it except on cold mornings.

Back