opinion needed

• Thread starter Greg Duggan [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
i found these cracks in the transom over the weekend while installing a new FF transducer.

i have already contacted the dealer and will bring it to them saturday morning.

they feel that they are more cosmetic than structurel.

i agree with them at this point.

they want to take there own pics of them to send off the Tracker and let them make there own observation.

the cracks are located just above the transom bolts for the jack plate.

let me know what you all think.

Thanks

GregD
DSCN0360.JPG

Man that picture looks like my last colonosphy. Yeah. I'd be worried. You really can't see how deep they are. But definetly needs to be looked at.

fatrap

I've seen that on many hulls caused by the slight flex of the transom/top cap, flaking the inside cover spray. Look for outside striations or cracks in the same area or have a glass man check it out. Where the top cap and hull meets on just about every boat I've seen has some flex. (Without flex you'll have cracks.) Get it checked to be sure at a dealer and/or a fiberglass shop. Good luck!

there are no cracks on the outside of the transom.

the out side of the hull and top cap look the way they did when i picked it up new.

the dealer has been great since day one and i feel they will address it properly.

soory for teh ginormous picture, but it helps in seeing the cracks.

i feel it is probably cosmetic, but again i want to be sure.

i am only running a 115, so i don't think it is do to abuse or to heavy of a motor.

i iwll post back when they look at it saturday.

GregD

Hi Greg,

I had similar cracks on my transom on the inside of the hull. I also have a 115 HP. A few years ago, I had them inspected at Marine USA in Worcester where I bought the boat. Report back from Bob Borget was that they were superficial. They cleaned them up and all has been fine since.

Paul

Greg i have a couple like that but not in that area. Mine are under the reas storage where the boars is that is in front of the gas tank. I took a good look at mine and they look like just a crack in the paint and not in the fiberglass itself. I would still have it checked out just to be sure, you never know.

So how did the fishfinder install go? I got my transducer in and the wires all pulled i just need to hook it all up and im set and ready to go with mine.

ewewew..Should be ok..Looks like fiberglass didn't set, but have It checked...JR

JR, its going in saturday to be checked. ewewewew is what i said when i saw it.

Jim, i stopped at the transducer install, still waiting for the johnny morris mount to come in. removed the humingbird mount and have it ready for the machinist.

installed the GPS mount on the dash, tried out the new swivle ease hydrolic pedistal, installed the new retractable trailer straps. all i have now is to get some open water.

it wont be long with 55f weather like today.

GregD

GregD

I am sure It's just the look thats bad not damage,,You should be fine...I agree on the weather..I have wondered If the keel Guard would double as an Ice Breaker...JR

Back