Older Covers

• Thread starter Josh Petty [URL]http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zer
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Petty

Reaction score
I currently have quite a few covers for sell. All are new and we are selling them at a reduced price. All are made by DOWCO.

Too many to list: Just email me the year and model of your boat and I will let you know what I have. I don't have many for Mod-V Tracker's. I think I might have 1 PT185Jet and 1 PT165 cover. I do have quite a few late 90's early 00's deep V covers.

You can see my list of Nitro cover by clicking on the link below.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=138549

What do you have for a 2002 PT175? I'm looking for another cover that can sit on the boat without needing to be secured to the trailer as well (i.e., boat only cover).

Thanks!

Jim,

I don't have anything to fit that model. That model sold so well I did not end up with extra covers. All the DOWCO covers attach to the trailer and have a "cinch cord" sewn into them to make them trailerable.

If you are wanting something customized (ie no straps- more of a duster type application) I would recommend using Aurora Canvas- see link below. They make very high quality covers that can withstand all the elements a boat is exposed to, but with that comes a little bit of price increase. I would guess a "duster style" cover would be in the neighborhood of $250-$300 dollars, but it would be custom fit to you boat and last for quite a while.
http://www.auroracanvas.com

Petty:

How about one for a dual-console Tracker Tournament V-18 (2001 model year)?

I need one for a 2001 911 I got the custon fit from bass pro and its like 6 inches to short it said 2004 and up I did not thik they changed the 911 over the years maybe there screw up?

Sorry I don't have one for the TV18 DC model- that was a great boat. I wish they would offer the new model ones with a DC option

JDGator- email sent.

Toxic- send me an email if you are interested in a polyester 929DC cover - brand new- for newer styled boats

Hutch- I have polyester covers for a SC and DC- what version do you have? I also have an acrylic cover for a SC model. I have run into some off these running short and usually the problem originates from a customer having a Minn Kota Maxxum on the bow. Are you running a MK or MG trolling motor?

Sorry, Hutch I thought you had a 901 not a 911. Of couse all 911's are DC. Let me see what I have for that model. I might have a 911 polyester cover on a shelf in the back.. I will email you shortly and let you know what I found.

Good question Toxic I was woundering that my self will it stand up to heavy rain and snow and trailering ?

Thanks for checking, Petty. If you hear of any or run across any, I'm interested.

For you gusy that have seen the Nito Team covers that are offered from Tracker - they are acrylic and all the gray/black covers you see towed down the road are polyester.

The acrylic will breathe better than the polyester. Which means it will allow trapped condensation out faster than a polyester. Polyester breathes better then a vinyl-coated polyester(which breathes little at all).

An acrylic cover will usually last 20% longer and hold it's color much better than a polyester cover. A polyester cover should easily last you 4-5 years and an acrylic will easily last you 6-8 years.

Acrylic is more expensive than polyester. usually as much as 2 times more, depending on where it is purchased.

Both repell water about the same as well as make great trailerable covers. The acrylic being a little softer, makes it harder for the cover to cause abrasions when rubbed on fiberglass.

That's about my limit on cover knowledge.

Back