Old Movie Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I know this movie was way before most of your times....

A friend told me about this movie the other day at lunch but he couldnt think of the name of it.

Its about a person who owns stock in a company and when it times for the finacial information to be released, she gets her Proxy sheet. She (I think its a she anyway) marks out all of the names and puts herself on it. She gets ahold of enough owners in the stock and gets them to put her name on their proxy sheets. In the end she gets elected to the board of directors.

Anyone recognize that movie? I think he said it was made in the 50s...before most of you were born i know

BJ

U-u-u-uh....... :angry: Whadaya mean "before most of you were born"..... :angry: Watch it, kid! :angry:

Now..... I can tell you about "The Old Man and the Sea"..... "Lawrence of Arabia"..... "The Birds" and "Psycho"..... "How the West was Won" and "Patton" and "Grand Prix"..... "West Side Story"..... Even "Rear Window".....

But that story line doesn't sound at all familiar to me :huh: ..... Sorry! :(

Even though Me is older than me, I don't remember it either but I can add a lot of John Wayne movies to Me's list, Heck even a few of Elvis's.

Trivia question: What was the name of the movie Hank Williams Jr starred in? Not his life story that John Boy starred in.

BF

John wayne is one of my favorite actors....

My favorite is probly The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

OOOOOPS!!!! that should have read "BEFORE ALL OF YOU WERE BORN!"

Hey! Not ALL of us. Some of us were born after 1950 - just not by much.

As for the movie - can't say it rings a bell.

It doesn't ring any bells with me either and I'm an old movie nut. I did several searchs on Internet Movie Database and hit nothing. Need more info...do you know any of the actors or some of the tittle....anything???

Harpo

Bruce....

Are you talking about the movie "Roadie"?? I'm sure he has appeared in more movies but that is the only one I can remember the name of.... Think it was back in the 80's

Mike

Hank Jr. is listed as an actor in four movies:

1. Tom Sawyer (2000) (V) (voice) .... Injun Joe

2. Willa (1979) (TV) .... Hank

3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978) .... Our Guests at Heartland

... aka Banda de los corazones

4. A Time to Sing (1968) .... Grady Dodd

I can't come up with anything though it does sound a little familiar. Does it help anyone if I throw Barbara Stanwick into the mix?

Bill

Bill only if you want to talk TV and the Big Valley, Sooner "A time to sing" was the one I was thinking of, I saw it at the drive-in 37 years ago and it stuck in my mind before I became a Hank Jr fan, I have a poor copy of it on video that my X's mother made for me several years ago.

BF

LOL @ Bruce.. She was a HUGE star before Big Valley. That's why she was always listed in the credits as "Miss Barbara Stanwick". Geeezz weren't drive-ins fun? Even trying to get a trunk load of people in while one pays was fun.:rolleyes:

Bill

Bill

Council Bluffs has one of the few drive in's left in the country. I haven't been for years though.

Sorry BJ the line doesn't get a hit from this old man.

fatrap

Had some great times at the drive-in...thanks Julie and Glenda and Kay and oh yeah Sherry and how could I forget Judy......ahhhhhhh good times. Definatally the most fun you could have for 75 cents.:rolleyes: I even saw a couple of good movies there too.

Here's a website for all you movie/TV nuts. Internet Movie Database has every movie every TV show and every actor ever, listed. I can spend hours jumping from one listing to another. Be sure to save it in your favorites folder.

Harpo
http://imdb.com/

And keep in mind that Harpo was having all that fun in a Datsun 240Z! :rolleyes:

That made him a better gymnast than Fatrap! :lol: :p :lol:

Thanks harpo...i'll try to find out a little more info.

I was at lunch and discussing some business things with a friend of mine and he asked if I had recieved my proxy sheets yet. I asked how i knew about the people i'm voting for, jokingly he said back to just mark out their names and put mine. Then he said there was an old movie about that. Some lady got enough votes and was elected to the board of directors. He said i would enjoy it and he didnt remember the name of it but he thought it was made in the 50s

BJ

Back