Okay Nitro, the gloves are coming off.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Here's my problem, and I HOPE the factory will fix it and make it right.

I HAD a 99 Nitro 911 CDC. The seats were sun damaged. I replaced the two large center seat covers myself, first the bottoms, that went well, so I ordered the backs. First time, only one came in. Okay, they ordered the other one. Got both installed, realized they didn't MATCH! One had seams down the back, one didn't (originals didn't). Had them order another one. In the mean time, sold the boat. They shipped two backs and bottoms. I took both backs and shipped them to the new owner.

Now, about 2 months before I sold the boat (sold it in March), I'd ordered the three skins (covers) for the outside smaller seats. They lost the order, they reordered, lost the order again. Reordered, got big seat skins. Re-ordered again. Now, Tracker Marine in Grapevine, TX calls. The SEATS have arrived. No, ordered the skins. Skins were supposed to be about $60 total, new seats are $200 total. Nope. I owe the person who BOUGHT my boat two sets of skins for the seats. I want the skins. It is now about SEVEN months from when the first set were ordered.

When you are ready to correct this issue, please email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the address of the person who bought the boat from me so you can ship the skins directly to him. After 7 months of this, it is my opinion that Tracker should eat the cost of the product. Heck, as far as I'm concerned, if they'll sell me the blamed seats for $60 (for both), I'll ship them myself to the new owner. The seats are useless to Nitro because they don't use that color anymore (at least the first story on the delay was having to order the fabric).

Yes, I've been very nice about this thus far. I just don't know what else to do. Nathan, care to get someone on this?

This is not NITRO customer service. Why do it here on the board Mike? I do not want to see this board turn into a venue to get NITRO to deal with problems. You know the game and you know the players, why post it here?

TOXIC

Frustration. I know they monitor this site, and frankly, my last experience with their customer service left a horrible taste in my mouth. I simply don't want to have to call them and put myself through the anguish I had last time.

Mike, you say the skins and the seats. Are you saying that you have a choice to order the seats or can just order the upholstery covers and recover the seats yourself? If it is the covers, then are they ready to attach or just raw fabric?

Snow,

Call Tracker CS. Even if they do look at this site, I do not think you'll get a call from them by posting here..

Velcro, that's one of the things I liked about Nitro. Yes, you can order JUST the seat cover, all sewn up, just take the old seat off, remove the cover, re-wrap the foam in plastic wrap (keeps them from soaking up water), and put the new cover on and staple into place.

The covers for my big seats were $30 per piece roughly. For under $200, you can re-cover with FACTORY matched fabric, just like what came off. Beats $800 or so for a shop to do it (though the shop will use higher quality material in most cases).

Brian, I fully believe that you're correct, but I ain't calling them again.

Thank You, you just saved me a chunk of money from taking the seats to an upholstery shop to be recovered.

Velcro, You'll need your hull serial number to order them. Just call your local Tracker Parts counter and get them ordered. It may take a few weeks or more to get them in.

Much to my surprise, no one from Nitro contacted me.

Clark, you're paying for color and higher markup.

Back