OIL BATH HUBS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffrey murray

Reaction score
on my 929 (06) it has the "new Turbo hubs" I have been concerned with them being broken or cracked by someone trying to step up into the boat, I have ordered a spare cover (plastic) cover. but I'm going to try and see if I can get a Chrome wheel cap (like a 4x4 open end) dress up center cap. I think it will work and will cover the plastic hub but still see the oil level. Only draw back would be if it needed oil you'd have to take the tire off.

anyone else concerned with the plastic cover?

anything else to make it better?

The only concern I could think of would be hitting a rock on the ramp. I have had to replace the bearing buddy types when the wheel slipped off a rock and the buddy came down on top of it and was knocked off. Darn kids throwing rocks when they are out drinking and seeing who can throw big rocks the farthest off the dock or ramps. They can't throw them very far and I hate it when you see your trailer ride up over one and drop off it. I could see how a plastic cover could get broken that way.

Back