Oh The Shame.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
So, I'm on vacation here in Wisconsin and the cottage we rent comes with a pontoon and a 30hp 4 stroke. Took my daughter out tubing and it was like the kiddie rides at the fair. So I say what the heck and snap the tow harness on the 929. I figure it'll take the 225 about 3 seconds to chow the tow rope. Nope....it did just fine, even with the rope snapped to the transom tie downs. Picture this....my boat loaded with rods yanking a bunch of teenagers around on a tube!! They thought it was easy until I decided to let the 225 get on plane!! Funny watching teenagers go skipping across the lake without the tube:lol:

TOXIC

Been there and done that:lol:

I've got some really cool pictures here at my desk of my bud and I wiping out in mid air...really good shots!:wacko:

My bud also blowed the back of his shorts out after a fast run and hard wave and backwards flip...should have seen all the people laughing their arses off when he climbed in the boat and the moon was shinin':lol:

Did you climb on? Now that's not a pretty thought;):lol:

Tox - My kids love going 40+mph behind the Nitro! Last weekend we hit the main lake and spilled Eli and a buddy twice on 3ft waves!!! I wish the kids could drive as I used to enjoy tubing when we had the Tracker (Beka would drive) but not as much tush room on th seating layout on the Nitro for 4 of us.

Now get the wife to drive the 929 and get out there!!

No shame at all. Have fun. Heck, you pay enough for the darn boat, you should use it for whatever you want to use it for.

Personally, I have done the following from my bass boats:

1) Bass fishing

2) Panfish fishing

3) Bay fishing for Striper, Redfish, Speckled Trout

4) Hunted pigs in Florida

5) Transported dead pigs in Florida :p

6) Pulled a skier

7) Towed other boats

8) Dive boat

9) Conducted water sampling for govt agencies

10) Frog gigged :lol:

11) Went back and forth to a duck hunting blind

12) Used for a duck hunting blind (aluminum)

13) Sightseeing

14) Sunbathing

15) Sightseeing other sunbathers :wub:

All the best,

Glenn

My wife wanted me to get a fish and ski boat not a bass boat. I told her we can ski just fine behind a bass boat, and we have. Fishing was the primary use for it anyway. For the record when pulling skier's or tubing, once you hit 55-60 MPH you don't hear the screams anymore. ;)

Gene

BTW I think in the 8 years I've had the boat, we've skied and tubed 3-4 times.

"once you hit 55-60 MPH you don't hear the screams anymore." :lol::lol::lol::p

Have you ever seen how far someone will skip across the water when they fall off their skis at 55-60 mph??? Wow. :unsure: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had a friend that wanted to ski behind my last boat. We started off slow, and he kept making hand gestures to speed up, so I accomodated his requests in about 5mph increments. At the point that I thought we were going way too fast to ski, he was still prompting me enthusiastically to speed up. So I hammered it and watched him hit the water and skip across... oh... I don't know.... half the lake I guess.... :lol::lol::lol: If I remember correctly, he almost passed the boat on the starboard side. :p

All the best,

Glenn

Last week I had the joy of towing a Gambler with a 275 Mercury which the owner had previously claimed was "the fastest bass boat this area will ever see."

Eric

I like to get the "SWING" on someone new that I know can handle it!:lol:

You look to the side and they're passing the boat:lol::lol::lol:

Then you swingem' into a nice wake and make em' blow their shorts out!:lol::wacko::lol:

Back