NX750 pulls right

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jaworski

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought an Nitro NX750 and noticed that it pulls to the right. I would guess that its prop torque. Has anyone else noticed this.

Thanks,

Mark

What motor?

It could either be the setting of the trim tab, or you could be trimming the motor up or down so that the prop shaft isn't parallel to the surface of the water. Either one would cause the condition you describe.

First question: does your motor have a trim tab?

Ive already trimed the tab to the right. I also did a search here on the site and found that installing a teleflex NFB sterring hub will make a worls of difference. Triming the motor has little effect on the TQ problem for me. Thank you for the replies.

I want to make sure I have the part number right, Teleflex SH5230. Is this the right hub for the NX750 single cable steering.

Thanks,

Mark

Thank you, Yes I have rack and pinion steering and I am going to invest in this part. I dont want to fight the boat all day.

Mark, mine cost about 100 bucks and was a breese to put in. why they dont include this from the factory is just stupid in my book.

Mark,

I bought a brand new SH5230 off eBay back in May for $20. You might want to run a search over there to see what you can come up with.

Mark,

I have a 160TF, and spent a ton of money trying to stop it from pulling . I listened to everyone and did everything , changed prop , put jack , adjusted the tab, anything I was told . Some said I did not need the NFS, because I only have a 90 merc . I almost did not put it , but I did ,and it is great. No pull, I can let go of the wheel WOT, and it stays straight . IT worked , I think it will for you also . Please let us know . Bubby

This stuff is over my head but I just did a secah on E-Bay foe TELEFLEX and came up with all sorts of stuff.

Bill

I have the same boat, I had some pull when I first got it and after break in it went away. I did put on a hydrofoil after I had it a while to help with on plane time. My 03 pt175 w/75 had some pull and I adjusted the trim tab and the problem went away.

I have not experienced that problem on my 750 it has a 115 ELPTO and all I do is trim up and the pulling goes away..

Thanks for all of the replies. Its nice to see that everyone helps each other out on this board. When I put it in I will let you all know how it works.

On another note, Ive already had to take my boat back for the motor. It wouldnt hold RPM 3500-4500 after 2 hours of operation. It sounded fuel starved to me. They found alot of junk in my lower carb and changed the filters. I am going out today to check it out. I did a search on this site for that also and found that a few others had the same problem.

Mark

My 185 with the 90 pulls hard until you trim it up and goes away. If I don't trim it up almost immediately after it gets on plane...You better have a good hold on the wheel:)

mark,

Have them check the gas tank for garbage also, my 04 NX750 when I got it had the same problem. The dealer ended up having to replace everything from the gas cap to the carbs . they also pulled and drained the gas tank, and installed a fuel/water seperator. Hope this info helps..

Iread the other post, so I asked them to check the tank and the fuel pump, they said there was nothing there. So I hope this is it.

Mark

Back