NX750 improvements

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Perry

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just thought I would share a couple of improvements that I made to my 2003 NX750sc. First I used ot have a 700LXdc and it had a rod ramp on the side and a step up between the driver and passenger seats. This worked great. However the NX750 had a third seat added in the middle and a tread rubber added in the middle of the rod ramp on the side to get up to the rear fishing deck. The problem is that if your partner has his/her rods laying in the rod ramp it is impossible to step up on the rear deck without either moving the rods or stepping on the seats. So I took the middle seat out and took some 3/4" treated plywood, ordered the correct carpet from Nitro, and made a carpeted step and mounted it in between the driver and passenger seat. I also have always thought it too big a step up to the front deck (especially since I am not getting any younger) so I took some inch and a half by two and a half inch angled steel mounted then to the sides of the open space between the console and the left rod box. I drilled my holes and ran bolts trough the fiberglass with some 1"x4"'s on the inside of the rodboxes,the front tackls area and the inside of the console. then I took a piece of cardboard and made a template and used it to cut our my playwood, I cut it out and carefully made adjustment until it fit with a little room all around. Than I marked my holes and drilled them, inserted carriage bolts, carpetd the step over the bolts and mounted it. Now I have a factory looking step up the front and rear decks with storage under both. Kinda the way it should have been built in the first place. Nitro should hire as a consultant, LOL.

If anyone would like pics I would be glad to send them to you.

Put them in your library for all to see. Better yet make a grab bag article out of it so others can do the same. Sounds like you did some good mods.

TOXIC

OK Toxic, I have added a few pics to my library, 2 of them are of the front step I added to my boat. 1 is my boat the first night home after driving 13hours round trip to pick it up. 2 are the largest bass I have caught yet, a LM bass, 7.56lbs, and I belive a hybrid striper that weighed in at an even 8lbs. I will add more of the rear step as soon as I take them.

Back