NX750 DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike M

Reaction score
I am a new Nitro NX750 DC owner. Upgraded from a Lowe. I loved the Lowe but this new Nitro is going to be great for me and my two boys. Anyhow...it's a 2001 with a 90 HP. My Dad owned the boat for the past two years so I know the history of it. But I keep on coming up with questions....so thought I would post them here.

For those of you with a 90 HP on a NX750, what hole location is your motor bolted? I want to dial mine in a little better. I think raising it might help a little. Mine is sitting on the transom. I am running a Ballistic SS 21 pitch. I am getting low 40's at 5400 RPM (GPS). I figured I would get upper 40's. A jackplate would be fun but for now I am going to stick with it the way it is.

Anybody add a deck extension between the consoles? If so, have any pix or any suggestions on how to do it?

Anybody try and get the livewell divider out of the livewell without breaking it?

The LED's on the knobs on the dash don't work. Is that a fuse issue? All the gauge lights work. Just can't figure out why they wouldn't. Not a big problem....just puzzles me.

I posted this on BBC also....I see some of you guys are over here also. Figured it wouldn't hurt to post here also.

Thanks in Advance.....

Mike

I have an 05 with a 90 Merc. Mine is in the top hole of the engine mount, it looks pretty flush against the top of the splash well. Can't help on the LED's, but all of mine work. I have a 21P aluminum and my speedo reads top end as 47, but realistically I think it is really low 40's. If you go to the Merc site, when you load the performance and RPM data in there at 5400RPM's, if you are like me you won't like the speed answer it gives you....so, I think low 40's unfortunately probably is about right. I have just bought a new 21P LaserII off of E-Bay, so I'm anxious to get it on and try it out. I'm hoping I get a little more umph, but I know it won't be that much. At that, I still think my top end is OK, I usually run it at around 4000-4100RPM's anyway, that is what I have found is my "sweet spot" with my performance VS MPG's.

To get your livewell divider out, fill it with water. The sides will expand making it easier to remove.

DH

Low 40's is all you'll get.....that's right where you want.

Latest posts

Back