NX 882

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Aasen

Reaction score
Need help fast. A friend of mine has the boat fever and I think is about to make a big mistake. He is looking at a 1998 Tr20 with 200 EFI located in Los Angeles. I found him a 2005 NX 882 with a 175 Opti located here in Northern CA. The Opti is warrentyed to '08. The guy down south wants $13,500 and the Nitro is listed for $18,750. Anybody that can give me the specs for the 882 and the pros and cons for each will be doing me a great favor. My buddy is a tournament fisher. He fishes at least two circuits and a club that I am aware of. His last boat was a beat Skeeter with a rotten transom and a balky Black Max. He's been a non-boater for the past 4-5 months. What are the specs of each of these boats? Are they both maxed out on power? Will the 1.5' difference really be noticable to him? I think he's going to put down a deposit tomorrow. I think he's blowing it but some of you may know better what he needs. You all know that boat fever feeling and how hard it is when you really want a boat

Thanks,

NoCAL

The warranty on the newer motor will be nice to have and probably worth the extra alone.