NX 750 DC w/125hp merc and 20p laser II

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Smith3

Reaction score
I have a Nitro NX 750 DC with a 125hp merc running a 20p laser II prop. I am only getting about 46 to 48 mph/gps at WOT and I am reving to high. I was wondering if anyone knows what size prop should be on this setup.

Thanks,

Steve

You need a 26P prop I got a 97 nitro with a 115 and I can get 55 to 57 mph with that 23P

prop you are going to get more rpm and no speed

Thanks for the replies. The Mercury site's prop selector calculated a 26p but i was unsure of such a big change but hearing from you makes me feel better about it.

Thank You

I have that boat. Mine is a 2002. It has the 26 prop that Mercury recommends. I get 58 on the gps.

I have a 700lx, just slightly smaller/thinner with the 115 Merc a 25p Turbo and i'm turning 5000 rpms at 54mph gps speed lightly loaded and 51-52 with a tourney load. I agree you are WAY under propped. What RPM's are you pulling at WOT? I'd say a 25-26p but it also depends on the brand from what i'm told.

It trys to get up to 5300 rpm's but the motor starts hopping and I cut it back when it gets up that high. Thanks for the replies. I going to get a 26p before I open it all the way up again.

Thanks

Back