Ntro Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a new boat. I have a 1995 640, my motor is new, trailer is great. Can I buy just the hull?? The local dealers here in Louisiana say they are onlt sold as packages.

Bubby

Buddy - What motor and is the trailer for a 640lx? If so what would you replace it with, a newer 640?? Is the trailer a Trailstar made for the 640, if so you may not be able to use any other boat.

Trep

Trep, I have a 90 hp Merc. I am not sure who makes the trailer, but it seems to be made for the boat. It is a galv. trailer. Pat , thank you for the reply.

Bubby

Buddy - Inquiring minds want to know - (and the nosey trepper too!! LOL) - if you could buy the hull which boat would you replace your 640 with and put that 90 Merc on??

Trep, a Nitro 640. I am very happy with the one I have. Just thinking about upgrading, new style carpet, etc.

Bubby

Buddy - Thanks, that makes sense. I was concerned when you wanted to get a different boat with the same motor and trailer, was afraid the trailer would not support/fit the boat correctly.

What have they chanced in the last 10-11 years on the 640? I know the seat color/style, trailer (gavlashield), pro seat up front, different dash finishes and I think now they only have 3 instead of 4 gauges. I think Pat is right, the major $$ you'd spend you're better off having your existing boat recarpeted, get some bling bling dash stuff, new electronics, and such, maybe play with a jackplate/prop combo and buy more fishing lures!!

Trep, if you saw my boat, you would think I am crazy. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I baby it, it is dated. I think I will hold off of a new one, and keep checking the classified ads. Sooner or later one will come along. I want the Galv. trailer and I want a 90 on it. Maybe I can take 2 and make 1 nice one, sell the other and not have a bunch out of pocket.

Bubby:D

Buddy - If the boat is in that good of shape, you can order a 2006 galvashield trailer for your's (figure the 160 can't be that much of a difference in shape from the 640). But from your profile, i want you motor dude!! 1995 160 TF w/2994 90 merc, a 2994 motor, that thing must FLY!!! LOL

"if you saw my boat" well?? Post a bunch of pic's in your library!!

Trep, I will get my daughter to take some pics and I will post them. I already have a galv. trailer and my motor still has 3 years warranty on it. This is why I was only looking for a boat.

One more thing, please turn those left hand b's around, it is Bubby, not Buddy. LOL

Bubby:D

Bubby - Sorry about the dd's dude! It must be my sub-conscious which associates the word "Bubby" (yiddish for Grandma) with my Grandma!!! LOL

Back