NTOWS - Grillin' N Chillin' in SC . . . Make your plans now!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
In conjunction with the BASSMasters Classic next year, I will be hosting a NTOWS Grillin' N Chillin' at the Texas Transplant Hacenida. While the details will be worked out later (date and time), here are the basics.

Would most likely hold it on Saturday evening, after the weigh-in at the Charlotte Coliseum. I'm only about 20 minutes down the road, via Interstate. Also, that would provide the best day for those that might be driving in for a short weekend.

Featured menu items would include, but not be limited to:

Smoked Brisket (Texas Style), baby back ribs, certainly a pot of my award winning chili, along with fixin's and such. Any other items that are wanted (and/or donated) will be available. As a note, my chili is best when I can get deer meat for it, and since I'm not really a hunter . . . .

The bar would definitely be setup, along with a couple of #3 washtubs full of beer. One containing store bought, the other containing Trep's now famous home brew (others also welcome).

Somewhere during the evening, there will be a poker game (or two), for those that want to participate. Not high stakes at all, but good fun and enough money to make it interesting ($20.00 buy-in).

This is going to be oriented towards an adult type outing, but if you have children to bring along, we will be set up to provide entertainment (playstation and such, movies, etc.). After all, the Classic is a family event. Since I'm in the county, not a problem to have a 'campfire' to roast dog's, marshmellows and such on.

While not intended to be a fishing rally/outing, the lake is only 10 minutes away, where the Classic is being held. We could certainly get a line wet, or watch from the water on Sunday.

Obviously, we will get more definitive in our planning as the year goes along, but wanted to get this out there so that those that have thoughts on attending, can make some long range plans.

Looking forward to the Classic, and the NTOWS Grillin' N Chillin' next year.

Tex

Tex, I have a brother in Gaffney, How far away are you? Sounds like a Party! KB

Tex,

How about an address for donations for the Grillin' N Chillin'.

Sue

John Astrello

2309 Hilldale Dr.

Rock Hill, SC 29732

Another note. Friends, co-workers, sponsors and such, will also be welcome.

Tex

Sweet..now that sounds like a good time......what date is the classic??? I may have to make plans.

Donnie

Tex, this Rock Hill is not far below the NC line isn't it?

That would be nice vacation trip from Maryland for me!

With retirement fast approaching, I have been wanting to "scout" out SC.

Bill

Tex -- Sounds like fun-- I have not been in or at a Bass tourny. I'm going to start now talking to the wife-- About 1100 miles from KC-- 16+ Hr drive -- I'll let you know for sure later -- Am a fairly good cook if there is some cold beer./// Take Care--- HaleDamage

I've tentatively been scheduled to be there that week and would love to stop in and meet some more of our folk face to face! I'll keep looking out for details.

Back