nitrobassin

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Gerry

Reaction score
Just for those few interested readrs. Yesterday I returned my Nitro 929 to the dealer for another look at the electrical issues. I also had a very good conversation with Mr. Long. He was very expressive and offerred to help me with final resolution, even considering the factory warranty ont he boat is expired as of todate. He is taking into consideration this problem seems to indicate it has been an on going issue. The service manage at the dealership expressed confidence he could resolve the immediate problem, but did express some concerns about the nagging continuance of electrical problems. I happy to say as a customer all I can ask for is a genuine interest in a resolution, which I have. Stay tuned.

Two Thumbs Up to Nathan Long!

(He continues to make me take back all I said to him a few years ago! Thanks, Nathan!)

Definetely let us know how it works out. Of all the problems that can happen with a boat electrical is at the top of my hate list. You'd think Nitro would make the system bulletproof with that in mind. The only problem I've had electrically is my AM FM radio quite working last year. Took it apart and a resistor fell out. I soldered it back in and it works fine. Lucky me. Even a blind sow can find an acorn now and then.

fatrap

Don't know what your electrical problem is, but my 929 had a ground wire come lose inside one of the wiring harness plugs. Just had to push it back into the junction plug and it's fine.

Some fellas have all the acorns. My electrical thing is a thing, I did find one loose ground wire that broke from a jump clip, but who knows what that may or may not have contributed to. It would seem to be a simple fix, volt meter, a battery, a wire, check the circuit, fix it. The only problem is the "a wire" is about 10 million all snaked this way and that. Too much for my simple mind.

The biggest problem I have found with electrical gremlims is over thinking them. If you stick with the basics more times than not you will find and fix them. Yes there can be some wierd stuff once in a while but most of the time it's just simple things.

BF

Back