Nitro170dc

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Dallaire

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post and I love the site already. I have just bought a mint condition 1996 170dc rick clunn. The boat is mint and has less then 10 hours on it. There is not a scratch on her.

I bought 2 weeks ago, that same day I dropped it off to be stored indoors.

Now in all the excitement I forgot to look at a couple of things so mayby some of you guys can help me out!

First I was looking for the length of the rod locker. I am also wanting to know if the livewell comes with a factory aerator. And I was sondering if the stock seat posts are just the pins or the locking posts.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

One last thing. It came with the original 75hp tracker. I assume it will do about 45mph?

Seabass,

Welcome, this is a great site with the very best people. No matter what the question, no one makes you feel foolish for asking. Not that yours is a foolish question. The rod locker will take up to a 7 ft rod. I think the livewell comes with a fill and overflow system. Meaning it wil fill up, overflow, and replace the overflowed water with fresh water. The post bases are 3/4 pins with no threads. This is a great little boat, enjoy it. I have the 700LX which is basically a brother to the 170 Rick Clunn.

I've got the same model and same year boat.

I'm not for sure the length of the rod locker, but I keep BPS socks on all my rods and I keep 8-10 combos in it. Rod lengths vary from 6' to 7' and I have no trouble getting them in the locker. Invest in some rod socks and you shouldn't have any problems (unless your luck is like mine...then the combo that you rarely use, will be needed and it will be on the very bottom of the locker).

My boat has a factory aerator. My livewell doesn't have it, but I think it is supposed to have a "standpipe" in it to prevent the water from running out when up on plane. I haven't fished any tournaments in it so I haven't needed it, but when I do put fish in it to keep, I have a small plug that I stick in the drain hole to keep the water from running out.

My seats have the regular 3/4" pins (non locking).

I have a 96 Merc 115 (Tracker Edition) and with me and my gear, and about 3/4 tank of gas, I can run about 57mph (GPS).

The 170TF is a good little boat. It will get you back in the smaller areas the bigger boats can't get into and it is (or at least, down here in Lower Alabama, mine is) a nice, stable ride. You'll be happy with that boat. Mine's not the biggest, fastest, or prettiest boat on the water, but, hey, it's paid for, it gets me out on the water and back, and I have fun in it. What more can you ask for?!?!?!?!

I had a 93 170 DC. I still love that little boat. I had a 90hp Evinrude and with a full well and tank two guys it'd hit about 43mph. Bare boat did about 48mph. It was a pig to get out of the hole with the 90 and two guys. one guy it was great. I tried everything to improve the hole shot with the stainless prop I had on it. Dropped back on the prop pitch and it was ......ok.

I had a standpipe in the livewell and a fill pump. The well is deep and it keeps fish great.

Mine stood up to many trips in water for which it wasn't designed and took a lickin and kept tickin. It looked so good when I sold it I got 2 grand over book price. If I didn't switch to fish with teeth I'd still have it. Everytime I see it I get a lump in my throat.

You take care of it and it will take care of you.

fatrap

The owner of the site, Rich, had that exact boat/motor (don't remember the year) and I road in it a few times and drove it, great boat! I've got the brother boat like Beck, 700lx, welcome aboard!

Trep

Latest posts

Back