Nitro z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbmorrison

Reaction score
Hi folks, getting ready to order a atlas jack plate and wondered if anyone could tell me what set back I should get thanks!

I have a 6" setback on my z-18 / 150, with the Atlas hydraulic jack. It works fine. I think you can get it in a 4" setback? I use mine a lot in shallow water. I wouldn't do without one on a boat now. the 5"-7" of height adjustment is really valuable to help protect your lower unit. Boat control is considerably better when you can keep the engine more level in making turns. I have had one on my last two boats- never have to think about it- completely trouble free so far. If your boat is already rigged with the engine, without one, be sure all your cables and electrical lines are long enough to take the setback. you need some slack for proper full turns. The jack side plates are pre-drilled for talon or power pole brackets as well.

Depends on the Model of the Nitro. A Z-7 or Z-18 the maximum size is a 6 inch. A z-8 or Z-19 a 10" jack plate is recommended. the wires and steering length will need to be checked. I was able to install a 10 inch without any problem.

I have a 6" setback on my z-18 / 150, with the Atlas hydraulic jack. It works fine. I think you can get it in a 4" setback? I use mine a lot in shallow water. I wouldn't do without one on a boat now. the 5"-7" of height adjustment is really valuable to help protect your lower unit. Boat control is considerably better when you can keep the engine more level in making turns. I have had one on my last two boats- never have to think about it- completely trouble free so far. If your boat is already rigged with the engine, without one, be sure all your cables and electrical lines are long enough to take the setback. you need some slack for proper full turns. The jack side plates are pre-drilled for talon or power pole brackets as well.
Thanks Larry that’s great info!!

Depends on the Model of the Nitro. A Z-7 or Z-18 the maximum size is a 6 inch. A z-8 or Z-19 a 10" jack plate is recommended. the wires and steering length will need to be checked. I was able to install a 10 inch without any problem.
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!!

Thank you. The information was helpful

Latest posts

Back