Nitro Trailer Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Cassel

Reaction score
I have a '93 Nitro 180FS that rides on a Trailstar trailer

I've been looking for replacement retaining washers for the wheel bearing assembly. The outside of these washers folds up against the sides of the nut to lock it on.

These washers changed design sometime after '93 and the present ones don't work on a '93.

I've written Bass Pro and they refer me to their dealers. The dealers don't give a hoot as the part is less than a buck but I can't get the proper part. I've ordered them from local dealers and the wrong one shows up. I've had relatives go to get them at dealers in their areas and they're not in stock. I've had the closest dealer in our area "going to order them" for two years and he now no longer has the franchise.

This has been going on for over two years now and I don't believe I can limp along any longer with the present washers.

Does anyone out there know where I can get what I need? I really need some help.

You should be able to find them at any sizable auto parts store. Bring in the bearing so you can get the number from it.

Places like AutoZone may not be the best - they generally only work with the fastest moving items and their employees are not usually adept at cross-referencing. Go to an independent or franchised store such as a CarQuest or Pronto.

A bearing supply warehouse would also be a good spot .

me!

Also try NAPA. Ive heard they have a lot stuff like that.

Good suggestion, Ken. NAPA does a lot of commercial fleet business; this would be right up their ally. If they don't have it in the store, they have an excellent warehouse system serving them.

Latest posts

Back