Nitro trailer - cheap trim

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron cooley

Reaction score
Anybody else have the cheap wanabe diamond plate steps comming un-riveted and falling off or is it just mine. I have a '04 640LX/75 Opti. All 4 pieces of tin diamond plate that cover the step area of the trailer have broken the aluminum rivets and are falling off. I am going to re-atatch them with domed socket head screws and nylocks.

Never had a problem in 5.5 years on my Tracker trailer with the diamond plate steps. But i can see on my Nitro (99 year vs. my 2000 tracker trailer) that one side has had the rivets come out/loose and were replaced by SS screws/nuts.

Yeah, the bunk carpet is allready wearing thin also towards the rear.

Never a prob with mine in 4 years...yep their carpet ain't bad, it's the glue they use...it sucks!

Don't forget to dunk your bunks before loading the boat back onto the trailer. make sure all the carpet is wet before putting the boat on.

I allways back the trailer down to get it all wet then pull up so I just see the fenders out of the water. It's only the rear 6 inches of 1 out of 4 bunks and it is wearing the carpet on only 1 edge. All bunk brackets are welded to the frame so could it be 1 was welded on wrong. I believe the title says it's a "trail star" trailer.

Back