Nitro stress crack waranty

• Thread starter Ron Kingsbury [URL]http://rlkingsburyAaol.com[/URL
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron -

"Stress cracks" in the gelcoat are purely cosmetic. Almost every fiberglass boat out there has them. They are nothing to worry about. They are not covered under warranty.

Now..... When they go deeper into the fiberglass..... Such as Fishingfever has described..... That's a whole different story.....

Sorry to hear about your experience, Fishingfever..... My last boat was a 1994 Nitro 2000DC with a 200 Merc and it was an exceptional boat. The only cracking was right in front of the consoles - you'd never even notice unless you looked pretty hard. Transom was solid as a rock.

me!

Every Boat i have owned has had stress cracks in the gel coat. Not a warranty issue with any manufacturer, unless it is excessive.

I have a 2002 NX 750 that this weekend cracked the fiberglass in the hull. there are 2 cracks on either side of the transom bear where the motor attaches to the boat. Also inside the the bulkheads are separating from the bottom of the boat and cracks are noticable. Can someone tell me if they have had this issue and what the process is get something like this fixed.

Thanks

QuinteBasser

Quinte, you need to start with your dealer, and make sure that he keeps you informed on all communication with Tracker. Stay on top of it, keep detailed notes about who/when you talk to various parties. If your dealer fails to respond properly, call Tracker directly and ask them for direction on how to proceed.

Bulkheads are where the top cap attaches to the lower hull and stringers.

QuinteBasser

Quinte -

Let me ditto Rich's comments.

Be sure to WORK WITH YOUR DEALER.

You are his Customer; he is Tracker's Customer.

me!

Back