nitro, procraft, skeeter or ranger, fish and ski?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ranger boats, best quality, JD Power winner over the last several years. They stand behind any issues that you "MIGHT" have with your boat (and or Hull). You pay a little more but you get more for your money in the long run. Ranger also holds their value better than all of the rest of the manufactures.

Mike, that's a hard question to answer accurately. I'm not sure it can be answered accurately without detailed knowledge of the manufacturing process and materials used in each, and even then, the comments would be subjective.

Call each company and see what they will tell you about the layup schedule and quality process for the layup.

I have ran all of these boats and I would have to side with PMGoff on this. I owned a 96 ProCraft, a 99, 2000, and 2001 Nitro, a 2002 Skeeter and have PLENTY of seat time in a few different models of Ranger (esp the 520).

They all have their pros and cons and for overall value and fishability I would pick a Nitro. For quality and resale, I would pick a Ranger. For speed and performance in flat to meduim water and a close second in fishability I would certainly rather have a Skeeter. A close second to Nitro in value and a little better quality would be the ProCraft.

It really boils down to the same things...how much you want to spend, what kind of motor you want to have, how are you going to use the boat and last, but certainly not least, where you can get quality service if needed. Your dealer will ultimately be your decision along with the money you want to spend.

I agree with the Ranger resale. You pay more and of course the resale is going to be higher, but as somebody astutely pointed out, what is the gap between what you paid and what you can sell it for.

I also think Rangers don't ride as nice. There is a saying in Minnesota, want a rough ride, get a Ranger.

I will also agree that Ranger will stand behind their product very well. However, they should for the price. If you don't like Nitro, then I'd go Skeeter.

Also something to think about. How are the different brands 'looked at', in your geographic area? For me, I personally like the ProCrafts, but would not consider them since the only dealer in the area is quite a ways away, and generally speaking, they are not widely owned or regarded in the Carolina's.

I really like the assessment from Mini. Very good overall, not favoring any one brand. Those types of opinions, are generally speaking, the better to look at.

Also, anytime that you start reading an opinion/recommendation that starts off attacking another brand . . . .

Best of luck on the search.

Tex

Back