Nitro Owners with Flow-Rite Livewells

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Cody

Reaction score
I've been having some problems with the livewell recirculating pumps. Apparently, some junk that the fish have spit out, (crawfish parts, etc) has gotten sucked into the hoses and valves and causes the flow to diminish or stop altogether. This only happens to the recirculating side, as the fresh water intakes on the transom are covered with screens.

I checked out the Flow-Rite website and they offer screens that just snap into the thru-wall fittings on the bottom of the livewell. I wonder why Tracker Marine doesn't include those screens as std equipment. It would sure save a lot of frustation.

Anybody else have similar problems?

My problems, have been with other items related to the livewells. I have a broken valve, or something keeping it from closing. Plus, no useable overflow installed in the rear livewell.

Not sure why Tracker is not including them (screens).

My 2000 PT185 livewell came with the screen in the bottom of the livewell. Looks like a smaller version of the intake screen at the transom.

My 2000 PT185 livewell came with the screen in the bottom of the livewell. Looks like a smaller version of the intake screen at the transom.

My 2000 PT185 came with a screen at the bottom of the livewell. Looks like a smaller version of the intake screen at the transom.

My 882 has screw on screens in the livewells.....might just be an omission.

Pierre

OK guys for the inflow of the livewell fills, i'm putting in new Mayfair replacable livewell pumps tonite. My old Rule pumps had a small insert in the the back where they meet the water that looked like a small X that would keep large stuff out. I lost both the inserts months ago, and the new pump does not have an insert. What do you guys do? Do you just leave the opening comming into the boat open, or do you use some kind of screen? If you use something how to you attach it?

On my 929 I have had a problem with the switch for the recirculating pump . I had it replaced a year ago it took over a couple months for a new switch . I decided to get a spare switch just in case . I had almost threaten Tracker to get a switch that I was more than willing to pay for my dealer who by the way is very good was unable to get one for me. Anyhow the switch went again this past June and either Tracker send me a bad Switch which would not surprise me or I pulled a wire loose putting the new switch in . Very Frustrating to say the least

My PT175 has an insert that is attached with some kind of flexible caulking that dried clear. I lost one and my dealer replaced it free so I know they have them.

Jim

The only problem I have with my 185 livewell is the opening in the bottom does not seem big enough...like Roy said your always gonna get fish guts, minnows they have spit up and like this past spring we were catching a ton of big bluegills and the place we catch them from is rocky so they tend to spit up sand and gravel from making beds and it gets in there...Plus it takes too long to drain.

TEE

I sent an email to Tracker Marine about my problems with the livewells. I received a positive response back and the email was forwarded to their manufacturing people.

I hope they see the benefit of including these small priced items on their boats, even if they have to increase the boat price a little to capture the costs. It would go a long way in reducing customer frustations.

Roy

The only problem I have ever had with my livewell is it never fills with fish!! Is this an omission or am I supposed to supply these??!!!

The problem is that the hole in the transom is too small. I made mine alot bigger so the fish can swim right in. I just dump in a bag of grubs in the livewell, spray a little garlic scent and the fish just appear!! Then I just cruise around checking out the Canadian sailboats! Don't forget to release the fish in a different area because they will tell their friends.

Bob G.

P.S. Yea, I know I need help!!!

Latest posts

Back