Nitro Owner no more

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Duncan

Reaction score
Well, I am no longer a Nitro owner. I bought a 2006 Stratos 285 XL today. It was used, loaded, and only had 12 hours on the Evinrude E-Tec. Thanks all for answering all of my sometimes clueless questions. I'll check in every now and again.

Congrats, nice boat. And in the spirit of point/counter-point--it would be so grand if you could condescend to come back to see us now and again--:rolleyes:.

No need to leave the site Jim,......probably 40-50% of the people here don't own Nitro's or Tracker's anymore,.......we all did at one time or another,..but we still like the people here!!

E-tec? Hold onto your hat, she gotsa a lotta go fast on her! Those e-tecs are sweeeeeet!

I was pretty shocked with the performance of the boat. With a 4 blade prop and no jack plate, we hit 60 on speedo with my fat behind and a much smaller boat dealer/man model. I'm putting a 6 inch plate and going to fool around with some props, but I think a 24 Raker 2 will be about right. The funny thing is that is was over 30 LBS water pressure. That motor can go up quite a bit. Thanks everyone! I would put pics on, but I'm still in the stone ages and don't have a digital camera:wacko:

Jim, congratulations on the new bost...Now, get someone to help you and post some sarn PICTURES WILL YA?:p And don't be a stanger..

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back