nitro logo peeling?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross Dickson

Reaction score
hey guys,

I recently purchased a 98 185 sport w/ a mariner 150 efi. So far I love it!

I have a question.

The "NITRO" logo on the back bench is starting to peel off. I would like to just take it off entirely or replace it, since it kinda looks crappy.

any ideas as to how to get it off? I dont want to damage the seats, and it looks like it will not come off easily.

thanks guys.

Maybe try a heat gun or hair dryer to get it hot then peel.

Just a guess

fatrap

Mine were easy.....hot summer day, black seats and a WOT run down the lake......{{{{{POOF}}}} they were both gone!!:lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

TOXIC,

Did that {{{{{POOF}}}}} sound more like "Pfffffffweeeerrrrrrrk!" and come from the drivers seat area? :lol::lol::lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mufugger,

I'd try the hair dryer or heat gun idea, and use Goop Off to get any remaining residue off of the bench.

All the best,

Glenn

:lol::lol: Took the wife and daughter to a huge flea market in Daytona Beach and they had a skunk on a t shirt. Below the pic was printed "It wasn't me". I had to talk them out of buying it. I got her (daughter:p )one with a skeleton on it that read "Silent but Deadly". Her response...." I can't wear this anywhere"!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I was cleaning my seats with one and rubbed it on my seat logo's on my NX750. The edges of the logo started turning up. The logo was perfect on that seat before I did that. Fortunately, I noticed it happening and stopped and the logo has not peeled off any further. Those Magic Eraser's are good for cleaning all kinds of stuff....but you need to be careful. They are powerful!

sweet!

maybe ill try one of those magic erasers, if it works that easily.

thanks for the help guys.

Well I haven't posted here in almost a year but do lurk alot.

Anyway I had the same problem the "T" started peeling so I peeled it off

and I had "AHOE" so I continued to peel off the "A" and left at that,

so now my Deckboat says "HOE" same on the other. The wife gives me a hard time

about it but I sure do get alot of positive comments about it on the water.

Maybe I should have left it "AHOE" on the drivers side and "HOE" on the

passenger side,,,LOL

Latest posts

Back