Nitro has a new Z7 out

• Thread starter Marc LeTourneau
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc LeTourneau

Reaction score
Looks like a smaler Z9 with the same consoles. From the spec it is 1 inch longer and still listed to max at 200hp.

Wishing I was in a place where I could fish ...

Z-7_img3460_700.jpg

Man that new dash looks good. Do you think they added an inch or just a misprint? My 09 should be here any time.

JimmyE you're going to enjoy the new Z7, I picked mine up in July and just couldn't get over the room in it compared to my TF 170, what hp motor did you go with? I also had a 6" jackplate and hotfoot added.

200 Opti, hydraulic steering, jp, and dual console. Thought about the hot foot, I guess I can add it later if I want it?

DEFINETLY add the Hot Foot, I have it on a 115HP boat and will never go without one, you DEFINETLY want one on a 200hp boat, at the same time make sure you get the Pro Trim, great pair and keeps both hands on the wheel at all times!

I'm jealous!

I hear you on the hot foot. The boat is already on the way, I hope, and doesn't have it, I am pretty sure I can add the hot foot but I assume the pro trim would be on the steering wheel. How big of a deal is that?

Jimmy, the pro trim is a peice of cake to add. You just need a wheel puller to yank the wheel and it just screws onto the trim plate behind the wheel or onto the tilt device if you got a tilt wheel. From there wire it up to the trim wires that you will find under the dash and your good to go.

I will also put in antoher vote for the hotfoot. I wont own a bassboat without one.

I think thaqt extra inch is just a misprint. The specs still have the same dimensions as the current model. It appears to me the changes are purely cosmetic in natuure to bring it in line looks wise with the rest of the z line. One change i realyl like is the ability to flush mout the front fishfinder, i wonder if i could retrofit that onto my z7.

What kind of ff are you installing up front? I put mine down in the recess right in front of the tm pedal. Its almost like its flush mounted. The only holed i put in it were the 4 for the ram mount when i had my lowrance and now 4 for the hb mount that i put in the same spot. The wires i ran under the plastic trim.

I tucked mine in by the tm to get it out of the way so my fat clumsy behind didn't tear it up. I would like a better way and in the center would be much more convient. How about posting pics of yours mounted. Mine is Lowrance 520C and I used the mount that came with it.

Jim, I think I want to look at some mounting bracket options, can you give me brand and possible model?

What i used was a 1.5" Ram ball mount with the shortest arm they make (2" long i think) when i had a lowrance up there. The wires i ran under the plastic panel. Here is a picture of it mounted up. The pic is decieving the finder fits pretty tight to the plastic panel, the back of it actually hits the nav light mount.

The humminbird i mounted the factory bracket direct in the recess. I done have a pict of it but it fits in an even lower profile then the lowrance did.

front ff.jpg

Thanks, Jim, I did order the one from Cabela's though because I needed to get a new transducer for gps unit, couldn't remove the old one from the Z6. Did you notch out the plastic for the wires or just bend it around them?

I just put the wires underneath the plastic where it meets the carpet. The Ram i used is the short arm version so the ff was as low as possible.

btw the cabelas link didnt work.

Yea I know, when I coppied it I noticed link was about 3 lines long and when I came back and looked it didn't go to the right place. It looks almost exact but the arm is 3 3/4 inches instead of two like yours. I didn't want to pay two shipping charges, so I got them both from Cabela's. Still would be nice to have the 2010 front plate and mount directly on the plate. Maybe later.

Thanks.

Actually I been having trouble loging in and since I have a Z-7 I thought this would be a good thread to try out the change in my profile

Tom

Latest posts

Back