Nitro down under

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Murray2

Reaction score
G'day everyone from West Australia.Have just got my self a Nitro 640LX and find this site very helpful.I will be using it to fish for black bream as we have tournaments run here that are becoming very popular.Anyone interested in what we do down here have a look at www.breammaster.com

That's a cool web site. Took a look around it. Will keep it up on my favorites list.

Now those bream look like some fun fish to catch. :)

Jeff

Please tell us about your bream fishing. How big do they get. How do you run your tournaments. What kind of lures and baits do you use. Tackle?

fatrap

Berkley Powerbait minnows is supposed to be one of the hottest baits on the bream trail in Austrailia. But They also have some very popular smaller, local plastic makers with some good baits.

Bill

Welcome Jeff. Nice boat posted in your library. There are several 640 owners here so if you have any qustions feel free to ask.

Welcome!! Now we have Andre?(Mr. Bass) In South Africa and Jeff in Aussie land. Not to mention our Northern brothers in Canada. Very Cool!!

Sorry about Steve Irwin, what a tragedy.

TOXIC

Welcome!!! Nice boat (saw pic in your library). I'm a 640 owner too. Pretty cool site as well, looks like them down under bream can get pretty big.

Hey just a question, what motor is that on your 640? Mines a 2002 with a 90hp, but it looks like you have an Optimax? 75 or 90?

Thanks for the welcome.Our bream tournaments use the same basic formula as you do for bass.The tackle we use is what you would use for panfish,I am currently using a G.Loomis S781 I built up with Fuji silicon carbide guides and Tennessee grip.The reel is a daiwa luvias 1000 spooled with 2lb braid and 6lb flurocarbon leader.As Champion186 said the berkley 3" minnows are a favorite as well as the berkley Gulp! range.The river2sea baby vibs are also fooling alot of fish.A 4.4lb Bream is considered a trophy and any fish over 16" is worth a photo or two.My 640 is running an optimax 90hp/21p standard prop/5 1/2" below the pad as from dealer.

Good one.... Nu Joisey IS a furen country.... LOL But, be careful or you will become a pillar of your community... A Bridge Pillar.... CJL will have T pay you a visit.... And, then when you go for a boat ride it's only one way...

Welcome to our little place in the wide wide world... You will find this to be a very friendly place....

ozJeff.

Neat deal with your fishing. Austrialia is one country I'd like to visit.

fatrap

I was down in Melbourne for 2 weeks a few years ago......absolutely LOVED it!! (Except the flight there and back is 24 hours from Detroit to Melbourne!!)

Awesome country and very cool people......a trip of a life time for anyone who can go!!:wub:

Mac

Back