Nitro Differences

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen Summers

Reaction score
I need a little help. I am trying to purchase my first bassboat. I have been around and owned baots prior but this will be my first bassboat. I really like the Nitro series. I am leaning toward a 929cdx. I am trying to find out the difference between that and a NX898. Is there a website that I can find out how each model is equipped. I am also looking for any advice you might have. I am 50 not looking to get into tournament fishing just want to learn how to bass fish. I am not interested in buying a small boat and trading up for a larger one later. It seems a lot of people buy the small ones and wish they hadn't. I am 6'7" with long legs and find the consoles on some models too tight. Like I said any advice is welcome.

Thanks

First off. Welcome Glen, a boat is just a fishing platform. No boat will make you a better bass or any other kind of fisherman. The 929cdx is a large platform and great for big water. The NX898 is a good platform for med to big water. Find a boat that fit's your frame and budget and go from there.

BF

I agree with Bruce, either one will do the job the very well. If I remember right I belive the 929 side rails on the front deck are a little higher then the 898. The beam should be about the same but I think the 929 will give you and extra couple inches in length. Any other questions feel free to fire away, The members here really know their stuff!!

Mike

Geln welcome. My tourney partner has the 929 and I am 6'1" but I beleive there is a ton of room under the console for you. My son is 6'5" and drives the boat from time to time and says it is much more comfortable for him than the TV-18 I have. The 929 is a bit wider than the 898 if I remember correctly and handles big water nicely. We use my TV for smaller water for all the manuverability reasons.

In any case, either boat will do nicely so look at condition, have the motor checked out and pick the best value for you.

Randy!

Great help. Jim had just what I needed. I have sat behind a 2006 929cdx and my knees rub the bottom of the dash. The 2008 model is worse. I have yet come upon an NX898 accept on the internet and wondered how the boat was outfitted compared to the 929cdx. Thanks again. Glen

I have an 08 898.Its 20'4" long with a 93"beam.It weighs 1760lbs and holds 48gal of gas.From the back of the driver's seat (where your back would be against it)to the bottom of the dash is 27.5".from the back of the seat to the center of steering wheel is 26".from the back of the seat to the footrest is 46" and from the floor to the bottom of seat(where your butt will be)is 14.5" if that helps you.Im only 5'10" and theres way more room than i need,but i would recomend getting tilt steering on anything you buy if you over 6'.I like the 898 better that the 929 because the side rails are not as high and you are right on the water when on the front deck.

Latest posts

Back