Nitro Center Seat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the center seat with step like in a 901 will fit in an 882? If yes, anyone know how much they run. I would love that option so that I don't have to keep stepping on my center seat.

Thanks,

JB

JB,

If you figure this thing out please let me know too!!!! I like the seat that folds down in the middle too...

Carlos

i have a 98 800lxs and i didn't like stepping on the seat either. I removed the entire seat ( you need to do this to remove the seat bottom )you access the nuts from the back by removing the storage boxes, and from under the seats. Reinstall the back of the seat.put a 1/4 20 ss nut on each of the lower seats mounting bolts and tighten. With a hacksaw cut off the bolt leaving enough to put on a stainless steel acorn nuton each bolt.I bought a rollaway toolbox mat from sears to glue where the seat botton was.Enlarge the lower seat mounting holes in the fiberglass to accept the acorn nuts that you put on the seat bottom.(they will hold the seat in place when you use the bottom)The lower seat will slide under the seat back and the acorn nuts will drop into the holes to lock the seat bottom into place.stow the seat bottom under the console when not using it.this is similar to the setup on tritons. it works well and is easy to convert from a step to seat.if you are afraid the seat bottom will blow out while trailering use a small angle tab pop riveted to the seat bottom with velcro on it.if you look at the photo you can (almost)see the lower center seat removed. hope this helps

good luck

CIMG0002.jpg

took some more photos they are in my library under the seat file. it was easy to do all you have to do is enlarge the lower seat holes to fit the acorn nuts. let me know if you have any questions
CIMG0002.JPG

Back