Nitro 901

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
After thinking about it for a while. I love the 901 but i think I will probably keep my 882 for a couple more years. I have a friend who buys a 901 every year (hes on the state team so its a state team boat). he also take VERY good care of his boats.

Plus that 901 was in Staci's color so she can have it...lol

BJ

You could get him to order his next boat in the colors you'd want..... And maybe he can eventually help you to get on the State Team!

State Team ain't a freebie. Find out what you have to do in return and if you're willing to do that before you take any pro-staff position.

I'd love to get on the state team. In fact I have heard I can just go to Bass Pro and ask for application and mail it to the coorporate office with a pic and resume...etc.

When I bought the boat my dad sent a letter to Tracker Marine about Shonn Goodwin and how good he has been to my dad and I and that he was one of the reasons we bought the Nitro. I can't remember the name of the lady who wrote back but she is in charge of all the Pro-staff and state teams. I could probably just send it straight to her instead of going through all the other tape.

Actually I don't think he would order it in my color combo...he doesn't like yellow...lol. Last year we fished on Grand Lake together practicing for a BFL and his boat wasn't in so he took the dealer boat..A YELLOW AND RED NITRO 929..just like on the website...he thought he stood out too much..lol.

Last year he got red and black because he owns Red River Tackle Company, it went great with the logos. I will take whatever color combo he orders...lol

BJ

I'd love to get on the state team. In fact I have heard I can just go to Bass Pro and ask for application and mail it to the coorporate office with a pic and resume...etc.

When I bought the boat my dad sent a letter to Tracker Marine about Shonn Goodwin and how good he has been to my dad and I and that he was one of the reasons we bought the Nitro. I can't remember the name of the lady who wrote back but she is in charge of all the Pro-staff and state teams. I could probably just send it straight to her instead of going through all the other tape.

Actually I don't think he would order it in my color combo...he doesn't like yellow...lol. Last year we fished on Grand Lake together practicing for a BFL and his boat wasn't in so he took the dealer boat..A YELLOW AND RED NITRO 929..just like on the website...he thought he stood out too much..lol.

Last year he got red and black because he owns Red River Tackle Company, it went great with the logos. I will take whatever color combo he orders...lol

BJ

Jackie Camargo.

She donated a jacket and caps to the rally.

She is WONDERFUL!!

BJ, is that the same Red River company that makes the spinnerbaits that Harpo won't shut up about? :)

Harpo-You should take the initiative to start a Jeep Owners website...LOL, charge some money for membership, have jeep rallys etc....you could make some cash...lol

Snowman-YES!!!!Shonn Goodwin is my first sponsor and I also build baits for him...I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN THEIR BAITS!

BJ

BJ, if it were that easy to get on the State Team, everybody would do it. It takes more than buying a boat and filling out the application.

TOXIC

BJ, make a few and send 'em to me. I'll let you know if they're any good :).

Toxic-First of all I am not applying for the state team. I am a BIG fan of nitros. I will wait till I can fish more BFLs and try to get my name out a little.

Snowman-I haven't had an order in a couple of months (we build a lot in the winter for shows/stores) so we can fish in the summer. You can get on www.redrivertackle.com and check them out. If your ever in OKC we'll hook up and I'll give you a couple.

BJ

TOX is quite correct there, BJ.

As an old Salesperson, I can tell you it's all about selling boats. How much time you are willing to donate to the cause at shows, promotional events, etc and how good a job you can do for them at the events.

Honestly, when i first talked to Shonn one of the things he told me when I look at a company is first of all be willing to work at nothing. then he said be clean cut. He also said that I need to be willing to work at shows/promotions. That is a given to me.

When I decide to look for more sponsorships I want each company to know that I will be willing to work for them as much as they need. I also want them to know I am a hard worker. I think I need to show that on the tournament field (hard work). That is what I meant when I said I wanted to fish some bigger tournaments to get my name out.

This last year I won a tournament in the first 20 minutes of the tournament when I landed a 6 pounder. THe fishing was so tough that people told me that we should go on in and wait for wiegh-in with a fish like that. They weren't just saying that to get me off the water either. If you were to ask anyone who fishes tournaments against me they will tell you that I will NEVER give up. It doesn't matter if I have 0 bites or if I have limit in the first 10 minutes I am fishing till wiegh-in

BJ

Problem is your sponsers are not out in the boat watching you fish.....and they aren't at the weigh in table looking at your bag....why do you think "most" tourney fishermen's sponsers are few and far between...usually they are some local bait Co.'s and makers......you'll get it, give it some time. It'll come to you one of these days. I'm not gonna preach at you.

TOXIC

Please preach at me...I want to learn!

Email me if you want...

Ok, we will talk.....but there is a host of info. here, Mac, Mini, Rob, KB, Snow, Gutz, Meyer, and so on, that have just as good of input as mine. There are even some lure makers here....

TOXIC

Why ask all those other guys when I can ask you Tox? The greatest of all the great guys here????

LOL! BJ's already got a sponsor!!

TOX, you musta paid him to say that!!

(I agree, BJ, but don't let him know I said so!)

"...NITRO could care less how many TX's you win."

I let a LOT of silly things posted here slide, but I got to take a second to clear the air on this one.

NITRO cares if you win tournaments. They care how you place overall. Fishing is important, but promoting the sport is almost equally as important as promoting the product(s). The tourney fishing and finishes are part of the criteria that keeps you on a team at whatever the level. (State, National, Pro) Working with your dealer and providing on hand, first hand knowledge of the boats, their handling and features are important to your dealer. That is why you cannot, "just go to Bass Pro and ask for application and mail it to the coorporate office with a pic and resume...etc." Your dealer is the beginning and the end of all Nitro associations. Only with their recomendation can you get any level of sponsorship through Tracker/Nitro. You're kidding yourself if you believe it otherwise. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to help. After all, what do I know?

And Dan J might have something to add also...LOL!! Sorry big guy I forgot about you.

You have to admit though, tx finishes are a sidebar to sponsorship (excluding the big wins...Regionals, Division, Classic, etc.

Good advice!!

TOXIC

Back