Nitro 882

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score

I fished a tournament today and a strange thing happened. When I turn my steering wheel to the right the beep you hear when you turn your key goes off. It got real annoying toward the end of the day. What can this be? I may take it by my Tracker Dealer and have them look at it.

BJ

BJ

I see you have the 150 XR6, me too.

You know Low oil in the engine tank or High water temp. are supposed to set the alarm off.

Pull the cowling , on the left cylinder head (from rear)you will see a tan wire or two, make sure this wire has not rubbed the cowling and is shorting out against it and the head.

Mine was but it wasn't setting the alarm off, it just smoked the side some. The wire goes to the temp. sender on the left side.

I checked the oil level, my manual says the alarm will be continual if it is over heating and intermittent if the engine is low on oil. The engine isn't low on oil and it is not a continual alarm. It only happens when I turn the steering wheel. I hooked the engine up to a water hose and turned it on and pushed on the boat in my driveway, it went started doing it. I will check the wires.

BJ

BJ---Just make three left hand turns and you will get where you are going.Problem solved.LOL

It has to be a wire.Does it do it with the key in the on position,with the motor not running? If it does,turn the key on,crank the wheel,and start wiggling wires.

Steve

Steve making three left turns will not work. I checked it in the drive today and it beeps when you turn it to the left now. It only seems to be doing it while it is running

thanks

this problem may occure if the oil in the top tank is not completely full take cap off and fill almost till it over flows hold a rag around it and put cap back on this should take care of your problem sensor extremely sensitive

Back