Nitro 882

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score

I just bought my first Nitro. It is a 2003 model 882 with a dual console. I have always been impressed with my friends 901 so I sold my older Ranger and bought the Nitro. What can I expect out of this boat. I am happy with the speed (150 hp). How well will it stand up against cracking and other things?

Thanks

Is it Halloween? Cause the trolls are out.

TOXIC

Could be my bad.....I read your post wrong. Something just sounded fishy.

If real, your NITRO will hold up as well as any other glass boat given the same care and use.....

BJ, you got SUCKERED! That boat will fall apart within 10 days. I feel your pain, so I'll offer you $10 for it and not even charge you to drag it off :).

Actually, Toxic is right about the troll, or you DID get suckered... sucker punched, that is.

Nitro is not a bad boat. However, buyer's remorse sets in on most large purchases, whether it be a car, truck, house, or especially a boat. Someone's always standing there to take your euphoria and tell you that a) he could have gotten it cheaper, b) that it's a piece of crap, or c) that his great-uncle's brother's girlfriend's husband's dog had one and it fell apart the first day.

Nitro boats aren't made by God, but neither are Ranger, Triton, Champion, or Skeeter. Nitro is not the absolute BEST boat on the market, nor is it priced as if it were. However, Nitro makes a good boat, using industry standard "accessories" like bilge pumps, aerator pumps, trolling motors, combustion engines, etc. Most of the problems reported with boats are in these "accessories". Nitro has their share of problems and warranty claims, and some people have had nightmare levels of difficulty with their warranty claims -- I haven't.

My stance on why Nitro is such a great target is that they sell more boats than anyone else, and they advertise heavily. This heavy advertising and the name recognition of Bass Pro Shops, makes Nitro one of the more frequently purchased boats of first-time boat owners. Boats and trucks aren't in the same league as far as type and length of warranty. Things go wrong with boats and they require a lot of upkeep. I used to ask why my 2-stroke outboard couldn't run the equivalent of a 100,000 miles on my truck's motor... I still think they SHOULD, but they don't.

Don't listen to Tox... My Nitro holds up better than I'd expect a glass boat to. I broke a glass bowl last night by dropping it 3 feet. I've "dropped" my Nitro 10 feet onto water (and Tee called me a goober :) ).

Every boat I've ever had has been absolutely fantastic. Even the crappy ones and out of the 9 a couple have been that. But they were still mine and I still loved every one of em, warts and all. The only name on the boat that matters is on the title....

It's good to see someone come over from the dark side. Put a mark in the Nitro/Tracker column. Congratulations on your new boat, I think the 882 is one of the best deals going. Did you buy it from Gary at Tracker Marine? If you need anybody to lake test it for you I might be able to find the time.

Good Luck

Harpo

it is by far the largest selling brand of bass boat. you will love and it and it will treat you well. i have 882dc and it handles great even in big water. the 92" beam is what i think puts it in a class by it self. ranger guys wish they had 18' boat that didn't way a ton and handled like the 882.

good luck

BJ a friend of mine has an 882 DC and I love the boat... Its almost as good as TIN!!! LOL If I were to EVER buy a glass (bass)boat it would be at the top of my buy list. Since I am a discriminating walleye hunter the odds of me buying a bassboat are slim... LOL

BJ, I have an 882 with a 115 and love it. Great ride and lots of storage. Mine has a few small clear coat cracks in it but that is because I was a little too brave once or twice in rough water!

--Corey

I have a 2000 nx882 sc with a 150 xr6 motor. I bought it from a serious fisherman in Charlotte, nc. It has a LOT of hours on it, but hey they run better when they are used. I upgraded from a Pro Team 185 with a 50hp on it. it was a GREAT upgrade. If I had to do it all over again, the 882 would definitely be on or near the top of my list along with the 288 fish/ski. For the money, you can't beat the nitro standard features and reasonably priced options. I was lucky enough to find mine from a guy that was desperate to sell and wasn't greedy for the money. Lucky me! I have since added a Hot Foot, Pro Trim, new electronics...etc. I truly love my boat and wouldn't trade it for anything....did I really say that? Well maybe I would trade it for a 288 fish/ski? Never say Never!

Bryan

As far as I am concerned it is the best 18 footer out there.

I have a 99 model and the only crack I have is around the trolling motor mount from being to tight. And this thing has been in some rough stuff (Eufaula, Texoma on windy days). How is yours set up? I am running a 25p Trophy prop

with it 3 inches or so below the pad and this thing will top out at 70mph or so (speedo)I need a GPS! If you got any questions shoot me an E-Mail.

I have a 2003 NX882 175 Optimax and love everything about this boat,looks,performance,handeling and fishability.I can still get into the small tight places and not afraid of big water what more can ya ask.<"((((<<

Why is it guys that someone new posts about a 882 and gets a ton of reponses? Yes I have been on this site behind the scenes alot but a tx owner then a 640 lx, then a 700 lx, now a 882 owner and I ask a question about performance and get nothing? Did I say write something wrong along the way?

BTW The 882 is a ton o boat for the price!!!!

Mark

I agree with everyone the 882 is a ton of boat for the proice, i really like mine alot.

Mark, i dont remember seeing yuor question on the preformance. mabye repost and see if you get anything, i know ill try to add whatever i can.

Mark, sometimes posts just fall through the cracks. Could have been when there was little or no action on the board. Nobody gets snubbed on this board.

TOXIC

Toxic - You keep wearing your keg outfit and continue to be a bad kisser you may get snubbed in the future. Sometimes we get TMI (Too Much Information) about your activities. LOL

Toxic - Well, like you say it's all on the table. Thank goodness you weren't dancin' on the table with that keg on. Can't imagine you falling off in your inebriated state. That would be a picture! LOL

Latest posts

Back