Nitro 680x

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
I thought about buying the Nitro 680x with the standard 50hp. I like the small, light and cheap package. It seems to be a good buy when compared to the PT165 with the 50. What do you all think???

If your refering to the 600 LX. I think that is a great boat, a friend of mine ( Bill ) from this board has one with a 90 ELPTO. Only thing I would recomend is get more HP, 75 HP minimum, and if you can afford it, that boat will fly with a 90 ELPTO or Opti on the back. 50 HP on a 600LX is under powered.

If you can get it with the 90 HP... do so. It's definitely worth the upgrade.

Check with Bill ( Jacksonville, Florida, he is a member here ) he has had his 600LX with the 90 HP for about 1 year. I have fished from his boat and its a realy sweet setup with the 90. I dont think it was that expensive to upgrade to the 90.

In the most recent catalog, it's listed at $11,750 with the 75 ELPTO. I remember it being a $500 upgrade from there for my 700LX to go to the 90 ELPTO.

Of course, that was almost 4 years ago. The catalog doesn't list the price with the 90 HP...don't know why.

Back