Nitro 640 Owners

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Nitro 640 Owners who have 90 HP motors on their boats, What prop do you use?????? What kind of performance do you get?? Speed by gps, and Rpm's. Thanks.

Bubby:)

Stilletto 23p, 5200 rpm at 48-50 gps. 5.5 JP at 4.5 below pad. still playing with set-up.

I've been running a Laser II 22P max to date was GPS reading 49.1MPH tach 5500PRM

when I ran the numbers with this is seems my tach must be reading low (hopefully not) or the GPS is off - my dealer told me to get a Laser II 24P, but I thought that was too much prop so I got the 22P - the numbers above were for 1person 1/2 tank normally with 2 people and livewell filled I see more like 45-46mph at 5500PRM

Bill, I too have the 22P Laser. That is also my top speed with a 90 HP Mercury turning 5600 rpm's. The best I ever ran on GPS with me and my son is 46.7. I am looking to find a prop that will handle the mud down here, since the hurricane everything is shallow.

Thanks,

Bubby:)

hey bubby - I also have a Stilletto 23p that rooster835 has. I bought it first (i used a different stilleto on my previous boat) - anyway I used it once or twice and was thinking the hole shot was not to good - then I got the lazer II 22p - it wasn't the stilleto I just needed to get used to the boat and remember the engine needs to warm up a bit!!. I now keep the stilleto as a spare - I do think they are quality props. The thing I liked about the stilleto is that is has the rubber type bushing inside rather than the black plastic part in the merc props - I'm not sure if they still make them the same way but I always liked that design over the merc design.

Bill

Back