Nitro 591

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Werner

Reaction score
Anyone out there see or even purchase the new 591? Curious as to what your thoughts/ impressions. Receiving mine in about 3 weeks.

looks like a 20 ftr, and is wide big front deck. very open floor area and is easy to get behind the wheel for a big guy (6-2 / 280). I'd run it with 200 Opti and would geta 4" adjustable plate. This will speed up the "dial in" and also add a little setback. The boat is very well designed and is solid. I haven't ran one yet and will soon (175 Opti). I like the boat, the front deck has more room and floor area than most "name brand" rigs. I ask people who go into the local Nitro dealer and guys that run 22-21-20 ftr's all say they thought it was a 20 ftr.

Rolltide and 2500 - Have you both sat behind the wheel? I sat in a 482 and a 591 a few weeks ago, posted my comments here. My only complaint was for a almost 6fter with notoriously long "monkey" arms, I could not reach the wheel if I put my back against the back seat rest. A few of the guys in the "know" said the dealer can add "spacers" to easly move the wheel closer. I'm not a "big gut" guy so that may be the issue, but i'm running a 700lx and it fits me great, I love the layout, the console and storage on these new boats, not to mention the higher HP, but would need to do something about the steering wheel distance.

When you guys get yours and break them in, I know everyone will want DETAILS!!

ROLLTIDE I'm in a 929 but the dealer in home town has one that I'll demo with a customer. I like the layout and its a really good boat.

I was in Seattle last fall and saw the area first hand bueatiful state you have there. I went with MinnKota this time as well. (101 maxxum) the 929 is heavy . I hope you like the 591 since its a fine hull and will run strong. the front deck has a big layout and the seating is nice.

The boat can have the dual console added down the road too!

My last boat 05 898 came as a single console then I added the dual console. Its easy to do and took about an hour with the proper tools.

Back