nitro 482

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe G

Reaction score
hey all i am really interested in the new 482 with the 150 ,really like the set up and size (can fit it in my garage) . What im looking for is someone in my area with a 482 so we can meet and take me on a test drive and feel how stable it is and anwser some questions. Ilive in the leesburg central fl area. thanks everyone my e-mail is www. [email protected]

Joe if your a serious buyer go to your dealer they should take you on a test drive.

Joe - Also check www.bassboatcentral.com in the boards section under Nitro, and post this as well, I think a few folks on that site bought or were ordering a 482.

Trep

Joe,

Unfortunately, I live in DC, so a ride is going to be a bit difficult to work out, but I can give you my impresions of the boat if you like. I bought a 482 (dual console) with a 150 from the BPS in Maryland about six weeks ago. So far, I am pretty happy with the boat.

I've been caught in some reasonably rough waters twice. Both times, she performed pretty well. First time was right after I picked up the boat from BPS and I found myself on the Potomac in the midst of 15-20 knot winds with higher gusts. Between the two foot whitecaps and the wakes from larger cabin cruisers, I got a little wet, but, I never felt like she was in danger of getting out of control. Second time was in lighter winds, but close to two foot waves. I had a little more experience with her by now, and was able to maintain pretty good speed by coming on and off the throttle. Much drier ride - in fact, I haven't gotten sprayed since that first rough water experience.

For your average day on the local lake, I think the 482 with a 150 will do just fine. Best part about the 150 is that I can come way off the throttle, and run around 3000 RPM, while still getting 25-30 MPH out of the boat.

My biggest piece of advice is regarding the trolling motor. I 86-ed the standard motor and had them put on a 24V 70lb thrust system, and boy am I glad I did. It makes a world of difference for fighting the wind and tides.

I also got hydraulic steering on mine, to make handling the torque from a 150 a little easier. It's taken a little getting used to (none of the other boats I've ever driven had it), but I think it was the right decision.

Let me know if there's anything else I can tell you.

JOE,

my dealer SUTTONS MARINE (Aiken SC) near Augusta GA.

has a 482 in stock with 150 OPti, its a white and red color, its the standard package however they can add a plate (4inch adjustable) and hot foot if needed , along with a dual console (single console now) electronics and such.

call LARRY at 803-648-6141 or 803-648-5757

let them know I sent ya JEFF 929/250XS

Back