Nitro 188 Deck Extension

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Campbell

Reaction score
I am wanting a deck extension for my 2001 Nitro 188. Has anyone made one and if so how is it working out? Tracker wants $275.00 for one. Does anyone have a picture of what the factory one looks like? I would like to see one before I order it if that is the route I take.

Thanks

I have the extension on the 185 Sport. It was well worth the money. I rarely take it out. I can post pictures but not until next week.

Campll,

$275.00 Seemed like a lot of money to me too. But after I bought it, I realized it's worth every penny. It WILL double your usable deck space period.

Campll

I also have a 2001 188 Sport. My first impression was "Wow, I can't believe they charge this much for a sheet piece of sheet metal with carpet". As Sisko mentioned, it is worth every penny.

I also had my deck extension modified by mounting a pedestal base on it. A friend of mine works in a sheet metal fabrication shop and he did it for me. Using the standard pedestal hole doesn't leave very much room in front and you'll find it very cramped with the trolling motor pedal. Mounting the pedestal base on the extension was an even larger improvement than the extension itself.

Back