Nice used Ranger for sale

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone might be interested or not, but there is a pretty nice Ranger R91 for sale (Indiana) over on BFHP. I sent an email, and got the pic's of it. It's a SC R91 with a 200 Johnson on it, loaded with accessories. He wants $14,900 for it.

Just thought I would give a heads up.

If you want to see the pic's, let me know and I'll post them or email them to you.

Tex

Now Tex don't go getting some of these "ranger wannabees" all excited! Now if you were posting about a 911, 929 or Pro Crappie then YES we'll all look at it!! LOL

It's a pretty nice boat, for a decent price. NADA shows the rig to be worth about 4-5K more than what he is asking. Especially with all the extra's that his has one it.

Tex

Cookie - Sure i'll give you $10,000 cash!!! thats ALL I got for boat $$ in the plan!

I might have to check that out. Thanks for the tip.

You'd love it Teri. The R91 is a 19 1/2 foot single console. The R93 is the dual console version. It's not much in the way of a F&S, but you'd love it. The R81/83 and R91/93 were 2 of the fastest hulls Ranger ever put out along with the 480's.

And the Johnson Venom, from what I know was a decent motor. I've heard lots of RAVE about the new HO's. But in the past, the Fichts were junk, Venoms were good. Still a Merc man myself, but I bet you'd be fine with that motor.

Rob,

There is a 2000 Ranger R97-19 fish and ski for sale locally for $18,000. Has a 200 Merc EFI and every option I can think of. He say he paid $40k for it new but I somehow doubt that. I asked him if he had the original receipt and guess what, he doesn't. The motor still has 2 yrs left on the warranty. Wouldn't you think he would have to have the receipt for that?

Anyway, haven't looked at it yet. Not sure if it's wise to sell a 2003 boat for a 2000 although it is bigger with a bigger motor. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be too quick to doubt him. He may have paid close to it. I don't know about the F&S's but a Commanche 519 with a 200 HP, loaded will set you back right around $40k new.

As for going back in years, consider the quality differences. If you were trading in a 2000 Ford Tempo for a 98 Mercedes CLK, I'd STILL say you were trading up.

You will have a LOT more boat with that R97.

Plus, they guy could have got hosed at a dealership. Besides, when I buy, what somebody else paid for a boat has NO impact on what I'M willing to pay for it. If it's a northern boat, figure it has at least 40% less hours on it vs a southern boat and for that fact, be willing to pay at least NADA list for it. Up here, a lot of times, boats go for up to 10% over list if they're loaded. Supply and demand.

But if he's eager to move it, offer him 95% of list if it's in mint condition.

Teri, I would have to say Rob is on the money and you won't be disapointed. Maybe you can get a ride in it and have a dealer look it over. Monday, I hit 57 on the GPS with 3 of us, all my gear and a full tank of gas. I bet that 200 on the R97 will fly! Is the R97 19' or 19'6"?

I am enjoying all of the deck space I have, I find that on short trips I take the post seat out and put it under the deck extension. it fits like it was made to go there.

Good Luck!!

Cass

Back