Next one to Goooooooooo...

• Thread starter Pat Goff [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8609
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Goff

Reaction score
Next one out the door boys..

2004 929DC

225 Optimax

Keel Guard, Spare, X-15,X-135, hot foot/steering trim, 101lb MinnKota, 3bank charger, Nitro Embroidery, Team Travel Cover.

2004 Catalogue Cost: $40,957

Now: $34,900

DCP_0594.JPG

Now thats a sweet ride, how much for a trade in on a PT185 2004 with less than 10 hours on 60 hp merc

Pat, you didn't give stats on hours, etc. Is it "new, never used", or is it a team boat? Also, is that a manual or hydro plate? I'm guessing it's an upgrade since the 911's I've seen had fixed setback plates and that looks like a jackplate.

Snow...it's a 929, not a 911 and most of them are rigged with hydraulic plates.

We used to rig all of ours with Bob's 10".

Pretty boat....."dem bassus luv sparkles"

I know it's a 929, but I "assumed" that if the 911 had it, it was standard equipment in place of jack plates now.

No Sparkles, all gel.

10" Manual w/hole shot plate.

32 hours on DDT.

CJL, gimme a call, we'll talk.

Sorry Snow....I thought your eyes were deceiving you.

And now that I opened mine and looked closer, there are NO sparkles!!!!!!

I'm going to share what I've learned about fiberglass and gel coat.

Gelcoat with polyflake/metal flake has a clear coat over it. Gelcoat without does not. If you scratch polyflake deep enough to get into the sparkles, you have an expensive repair. The same depth scratch in non-polyflake can be buffed out. If you have a solid color and scratch it, and the color at the bottom of the scratch is the same, you can fix it yourself free. The cheapest I've been quoted on a VERY small scratch that went into the polyflake was $150.

I can't tell what color bottom that boat has, but white is the least expensive to repair. I'm pretty sure that isn't a white bottom though.

Just thought I'd share what I've learned about gelcoat.

That is one SWEET looking boat. We've rigged 4 that color this year (901, 882, and 2 750's), and none lasted more than 2 weeks on the showroom floor.

Craig

I like the red. If I was into 'glass boats, and had the storage space, this is the kind of boat that could tempt me.

It really is sharp.

Retail Red..I am going to get me a new Vett the same color.........

Back