news worthy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
http://www.mercurymarine.com/news

Check out the site above. Looks like Mercury won their case on foreign engine dumping. Posted 6 august 2004.

Yep, I read that the other day too. You know what this means... Imports - Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, ect.. with raise there prices 20% to cover the tarif and Mercury will follow and do the same thing. We all loose with this...Just my opinion

Give you an a Plus for economics. Mercuries intent all along.

Good post Greg: I read Irwins statement completely through and I tend to agree with him. Mercury's intent is to justify an increase in their engine prices by using the federal gov't as their patsy to force an increase in their competitors prices. All about GREED.

Anything American these days is "down the tubes"! Guess who's to blame for letting stuff like this happen?

Interesting article, and interesting letter.

I don't know where the accurate position should be - for I hvaen't seen all the facts, but it is time that the goverment actually attempts to enforce some of our laws. I'm not for 'protectionism', but I am against someone selling something here at a generally reduced price (as opposed to their own country), to gain market share.

Does Mercury want to justify it's price - of course.

And of course, let's not forget who are the engine manufacturers that are in sponsorship arrangements with FLW and Genmar.

Need to look at both sides.

Tex

The greed of the 'allmighty dollar" has struck again:(

And I am very dissappointed in Mercury. Maybe everybody ought to give up and buy ALL foreign products and see if they'll complain a little more about NO JOBS!

Bumper Sticker I saw one time:

BUY AMERICAN OR APPLY FOR WELFARE IN JAPAN.

Back