New used tow vehicle!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
I just bought a 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 4x4 with tow package all leather 5.7 (350)engine 75,000 miles.all bell's and whistle's. Also has Michelin 6 ply tires.

I'm buying from an exec.from Land of Lakes Dairy products. It has been very well maintained and is in excellent condition.

Now my question to all of you is how much would you be willing to for a vehicle like this ? what's it worth ?

Plush, Mark! Very plush!

You may want to replace those 6-ply tires, though..... Could make for a very harsh ride if you kept them inflated properly. You aren't towing/hauling anything that even begins to require that much capacity.

Price? Heck! It's worth more than the last 3 or 4 trucks I've owned combined! How would I even begin to know anything about price!

:)

me!

From what i see on Kelley Blue Book site its worth about $16,500 in excellent condition. Would i pay that much? It would all depend on the condition but i would try to pay less than that for sure. From what i see the value is the same for the 1500 and 2500 models.

I have been car shopping alot lately and I find Edmunds.com to be more accurate at pricing than KBB.com. You might want to look there.

Something you should seriously consider now Gross is.."What the price of NEW vehicles are right now with incentives"! I got new a lot less than I actually would have gotten used..just my 2 cent.

TEE

O K I'm paying 16,000$ Edmunds.com says its worth 18,500$I.ve been looking for several weeks know and from what I've seen and driven I had to jump on it. Also I have the opportunity to talk to land o'lakes about possible sponsorship for MN.BASS PRO-AM.

There is no way I could afford a new Suburban .I will be using this to tow my work trailer as well.

Besides I still need to buy the wife a newer van as well,Or I 'll be doing -0- tournament fishing next season !

Thanks for the feedback guys.Edmunds.com does seem to be a lot more on the money.thanks

You can't beat those 5.7L engines. 75k miles is just breaking her in. $16k sounds like you got a fair deal.

In 96' I purchased 91' GMC with the same engine. It had 66k miles. I owned it for 6 years and put another 100k miles on it. That engine was as strong the day I sold it as it was the day I bought it.

Mileage seems a little high but GMC products are build well and you should be able to get an additional 100k miles out of the unit. A really good website to get vehicle info is edmunds.
http://www.edmunds.com

I'm callin about a 93 Burb w/88K..two sets of rims and tires for $7,500..hope it's still there!

TEE

Back