New TV

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Moore

Reaction score
Here's the short version:

After a lightning strike last week I've got to replace my TV. Old one was a 36" tube type JVC. I loved it and there's my problem:angry:. I don't know whether to go with another 36 tube type (Sony), or a 32" wide screen LCD. HDTV is not that important to me. BTW, I'm trying to stay around 1000-1100 dollars.

Opinions?

BruceM

It don't matter if yer into HD or not, an LCD will flat out blow you away in picture quality over the tube of yesteryear.....even on cable the picture will be better, especially DVD's. Anyway, LCD is the way, and you can get a real nice one for that amount, take alook see.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat95100050022&type=category

Also bruce, but if you go to a VA Med Center, or know anyone who does, they can get you Sony's and other models, for hundreds less through the VA retail stores, which people don't realize,thats no sales TAX through them, I got a 42" Westinghouse LCD HDTV through them for 1500 bucks+ 100 dollars for the swival mount, the same tv through Best buy when I got mine was 1999, plus 279 for the mount on the wall,so I saved me about 800 bucks, look into it

Mike:

I am presently going to the VA Hospital in Alexandria, La. How do I get information about the VA Retail Stores?

Thanks

Barry

LCD- As big as you can afford. I have a 42" LCD Sony WEGA. It is the best Ive ever scene. I dont have a big house, much less a lot of room for a big tv. This flat screen LCD is perfect !!

I second getting the biggest you can afford. I have a 60 inch Panasonic and wished i had got a 70 incher. Go LCD you cant go wrong with that.

Donnie

Bruce, I sent you the info on e-mail for the VA, I have NOT been able to find anyone close to their prices, I had just bought new tires through them in Spring, and 4 BF Goodwrench tires, were 115 a tire, normally those around here are about 200:D

Back