New Truck

• Thread starter Max Neathamer2 [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~librar
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Neathamer2

Reaction score
Well, left San Diego around the middle of march to go to Oregon and then to go to Clear Lake, Ca.. Spent a week in Oregon getting my Boat and camping gear ready for Clear Lake. Spent 4 days at Clear. 52 bass in all. Lots of 4's and 5's. Did see some 10+ Mama's cruising the shallows. Water temp was around 55. So, I head back to Klamath falls dreading that in a week I will have to make that long drive back to San Diego.. 12 hours. While I was in Klamath I decided to look at new Trucks. Mine was a Z-71 GMC with 148,000 miles on her. Ran like a Champ. But I am looking at getting a cabover camper in time and need a little more HP. That morn they had just unloaded a 2500 HD Silverado 4X4 Crew Cab. 2003 model. 102 miles on it. 8.1 litre. Allison 1000. I thought to myself, if I could get a good price on my Z-71 that I would do it. They offered me $7,500.. So I said "Wrap it up" Made the trip back to San Diego a little more enjoyable!! It has everything. Bose sound system. Leather seats. Trailer mirrors.. They extend out. What a Truck.. Oh, I got her for $34,995.

Max <><
Truck and Boat-3.JPG

Diesel is actually 20-25 cents more out here in So Cal. $2.13 for 87.. same station is $2.38 for Diesel.. :-( Sure makes you change your driving habits. Thanks for the comments..

Max <><

I too was looking at the diesel but for all of the other reasons I came up with (gas additives, extra fuel filter, 10+ quarts of oil, etc.), one of my buddies who runs a repair shop and Tourney fishes said that you better never trailer your boat without a cover because the diesel soot will coat the boat and RUIN the carpet....I never even thought about that....

TOXIC

Back