New Truck! Yahoo!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
Brought home last night a new toy, got a 2004 Ford F150 Supercab with Triton 5.4 v8, 3.73 limited slip, and lots of other toys... I have been driving Fords for years and I have to say this is the finest pickup truck I have ever driven.. Cant wait to see how my NX750 looks behind it.

You forgot the magic numbers 4X4 or is it a 2X4?

Congrats on the new truck.

fatrap

4x2 with heavy duty towing package.

Got the bigger tires and the chrome polished wheels.

3.73 limited slip and 300 HP / 365 lbs torque.

Its the metalic tan color with tan interior. I test drove the Dodge Hemi and the Ford 5.4 with the 3.73 smokes the Dodge..

f150.jpg

Oh you are giving me the itch to buy something....

I'm going to pick up Betty from the dealership today complete with new tranny. Rocky start (that's not what "like a rock" means I hope). The dealer gave me all of my 3/36 maintenance gratis and free state inspections.

Brian, did you drive the chevy's? That's what sold me. I drove them all and I chose the Silverado for the 6.0 and rides like a caddie even with the HD package (suspension, towing pkg.).

TOXIC

I saw the "perfect" F250 the other day, BUT it was only 2 wheel drive. Not quite so perfect I guess. Had everything I wanted in a package which is hard to come by in used trucks. Just like I would have picked it out except for the 2x4. Can't live without 4x4 up here in the winter, especially some of the places I go to hunt.

Has anyone seen that new Ford Lariat F150 4 door with the leather and wood grain dash? It has a S.S. shifter, white offset gauges, and new rims? SWEEEEEEEET! But it's MORE than a F250 4 door.

Now that truck but in the F250 set up, 4 doors, 4x4 with the big V8 or a diesel, and I would be set for years! Now all I gotta do is win the lottery. LOL

Toxic,

I only drove the Hemi Dodge with the 3.92 gears and the F150 5.4 with the 3.73 limited slip gears. I have always had Fords ( this will be my 6th ), but my brother n law was trying to talk me into a Hemi. I drove it and was not impressed at all with the interior, or the performance. The outside of the Dogde is pretty tough looking, but thats were the toughness ended.

BTW , I dont know if my network connection or what but only this site for the past week I cannot view any pictures either in my profile ( lbrary ) or any of the posts. Can anyone help me out.

thanks Brian

Oh and congrats on the new ride, before this picture problem I am having I saw the pic you posted, very sweet looking truck.

I got one too....:)

Well its not new, but it sure looks it. I will try to snap a few pics and post em.

Mini

Rob

I drove a 03 F250 Turbo Diesel a couple weeks ago. WOW that thing laid me back in the seat. I kept saying this is a diesel. I want one bad!

Dad has a Dodge 4X4 its nice. I drove a new Chevy Duramax back from the lake last summer it's awsome. I'm just a ford guy like Brian.

fatrap

Like a rock baby, and they run like one too! LOL

Sorry mini had to do it.

Definately one pimpin' mac daddy mobile. Or would that be a pimpin' mini daddy mobile? LOL

Rob,

Maybe it's time for you to upgrade from SUV wannabe to a real truck!!! LOL!!!! Now don't get your thong all in a knot!!

Bob G.

mini, what's the GPS setup? I am weighing options? Guess what, went to pick up my truck and the Service Manager took it out himself to MAKE DAMN SURE everything was perfect, they had it all detailed and spiffy and the SRM module came on....Supplemental Restraint Module.....that tells them that the air bags are not functioning properly. Every one is programmed to the vehicle so.......I am driving an 04' Yukon for another week....snif, snif..

TOXIC

The GPS is an HP iPaq2215 with Teletype Software and CF antenna. Had it for a few years (used to have a Jornada568), works great. All of the US street maps with turn by turn routing with voice and points of intrest. I just upgraded the software and maps this year because the 2215 is running Windows Mobile 2003. Thinking about the Marine upgrade also.

Yea I am a somewhat of a technogeek, more like gadget freak.

Mini

Brian, congrats on the new truck

Toxic I warned you..............

thanks... Bill, wait till you step on the gas to back the boat in now.. we may end up launching the boat/trailer and pickup. Did you get out on the river this week?

New Truck! Yahoo ??? How do I get YAHOO to buy me a new truck?

Looks good Brian, I'm jealous!

When i get to Jacksonville, we'll have a mini-rally at stick marsh:)

Bill

Bill, thanks this is my 3rd F150 and the 2004 is a whole different beast over my 1999 and 2002. The new 3 valve 5.4 is an awesome motor. BTW, a mini or maxi Florida Rally sounds great! Stickmarsh is a realy cool place to fish.

Brian,

I've never been to the Stickmarsh but my brother has and loved it. His fishing partner didn't like it because it was

"like shooting big fish in a barrel"... Lord, give me a shot at that barrel:)

Bill

Back