New Toy ...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought the ol'woman an 03' GMC Sonoma Sportside 4.3,locking diff,Flame Yellow, Fattytires and wheels and it's sweet. Got a lot of goodies I want to get for it..intake and filter(about 20 ponies) and mass air flow sensor(10 ponies). That should get about 210 out of 4.3....not bad!

Had to consolidate...had three trucks with over 100K on each one. Got tired of buyin' plates,e-check, insurance and maintenance on three. Down to two now..so I can put some re-building skills to work on my 94' Silverado that I wouldn't trade for nothin'.

Anybody upgrade their 4.3's and what did you do and what kind of performance did you get? Also if your in the market for a vehicle...All I can say is,"I got Onehellofa' of a deal"!

Fish On!

TEE

You bet Macdadady! Always have been a Chevy man and thought I'd move up to a GMC ;)

TEE

I've been a Chevy man for years too....the only other brands I've owned were all cars,.....every truck i've ever owned has always been a Chevy.....all Blazers!! LOL I lease, so I've had an 87, 89,91,93,95,97,99,00 and my '03)

It pays to be close to work...leasing has always been a good deal for me,...mileage has never been an issue,..and I like t he idea of always having a warranty and getting new wheels every 2 years....that's COOL!!..LOL

Tee for the easiest thing to do to improve proformance is put a K & N Air Filter system on it, and put dual exhaust. And for a little more money you can re-program your engine computer to get better performance out of it.

I don't like the sound of the V6's with duals...sounds cheezy. I may look at a Flowmaster single in the II series...nice tone with a single. Duals are made for V8's man....;0

TEE

Well Tee you asked what would make it perform better. But I agree duals do sound alot better on a V8.

Actually I read somethin' about the V6's and duals...I'm researchin'....:)

TEE

Check out this site for the info. I just picked up a 2000 Sonoma. Waiting for the hitch in the mail and then all set. Looking to put on the intake and the exhaust. The addition of a aftermarket MAF appear to disappear after about 500 miles. The computer adjusts...
http://www.mys10.com/

Tee I do need to get some pics of the Xpress on the board. I will probably take some this weekend when I change out the spark plugs since the break in period is over.

Here's the K&N setup..

TEE
b86fd46161c19b49a522ae5a9e72761d.jpg

Now That was uncalled for TOX! I'm gonna' sick Mac on ya'!

Here's the Gibson exhaust I'm thinkin'bout'...
gib_singleexhaust_500.jpg

Since when to LED taillights help performance you knuckleheads..LOL. I suppose you are gonna lower it, put 21 inch tires under it and those neon light windshield washer caps. HAHAHA. Don't forget the gold crown air freshener!! Bwahhaha. Oh yeah, put that neon blue NITROUS bottle between the seats and the power boost gauge as big as a Big Ben windup alarm clock on the dashboard. I'm on a roll, stand back....Gotta have a 4 1/2 foot spoiler on the rear and ground effects.

I guess if ya got a tin boat, ya might as well have a fast truck....

Now that's a low blow!!

TOXIC

No Tox...all wrong! Fast Boat AND Fast Truck!

BTW...I AM gettin' the washer lights :)

TEE

TEE - I'm running a Gibson cat back exhaust on my '02 HD six liter and it performs as well as the Flowmasters did on my '97 Suburban, '01 Tahoe, and previous Chevy trucks. The Gibson had fewer pieces and bolted up without as much squeezing, grunting and groaning. (LOL!) The sound is cleaner and deeper without as much reverb (IMHO) and the 3" chrome tips came welded on clean. Whatever you decide, I suggest running it on a DDT to reset/replace affected sensors.

Tee,I had duels put on front to back.Two converters,and two mufflers,two inch pipe.Take off the plumbimg for the air filter that goes to the radiator,and drop in a K&N filter.It really opened up the top end of the RPM range.

Latest posts

Back