new tow vehicle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Payne

Reaction score
Couldn't resist the advertising any longer... tow capacity of 7000#....

05dak_911.jpg

That the V8 Dakota Sim? Parked next to one at the store this morning, SWEET looking ride!!

and that 911 looks GREAT behind it!

yep, V8, factory tow package... SLT trim...

Now, if I could only get some S&T decals....

.... swwweeeeeettttt ......

Sim did you get he high output v8? or the standard flavor?

Im toying wit hthe idea of a new truck for next year since mine is getting up there on the milage. Im doubt id get another Dakota though, im not real fond of the new body style. Im thinking of a Ram Hemi.

it's the 'regular' V8...

I looked at the Rams, pretty much the same price, but I really like the sizing of the Dakota in comparison. (always have)

I did not like the styleing (hard lines instead of rounded, euro lights) at first, but the more I looked at them, the more I liked it. (The back up lights actually will light your way down a ramp!)

I like the Dakota size too, its not too big and not too small but the new style does zero for me. Thats why i think im going to step up to the Ram. In a perfect workd i would love a 2500 Ram with the cummins but 45k for a truck is a tough pill to swallow.

yeah, in a perfect world I'd have a lot more driveway space!!!!

Sim

Sweet rides!

I noticed you mounted your spare on the side rail. Is there a benefit to doing this rather than leaving it under the front of the trailer?

Paul

only that it was already done that way! I'd say the biggest advantage is actually getting to the spare should you need it...

There has been a new dark blue one parked at our Park N Ride site. I've been admiring it for several weeks now. They really are a sweet looking truck. Will be interested in hearing your overall expereiences towing, as you get some time in with it.

Tex

Back